• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Since the dust is settling a bit now, which books do you guys think were the big winners from SDCC?

Dark Horse is the big winner. Briggs Land ( AMC TV show ? ) and Black Hammer are rocking the secondary market. Especially when taking into account the initial cost of each. Hoping that Black Hammer is ongoing. It grabbed me in the same way Invincible did the first time I read it.

Black Mask are masters of marketing. They are far from being the next Image. Monstress as a title has almost as many completed sales as the entire Black Mask line on ebay. Take out variants and Monstress wins. Thats 1 Image title vs an entire line. BM is more comparable to Enormous on certain titles. Small audiences with even smaller print runs. The marketing is exceptional. Take a book that say 100-150 people might want, make 66 copies, and voila. Short printed books that bring money and get all of our favorite spec sites and bloggers noticing. Its brilliant and I hope it works for them.

Rebirth Foil covers ROCK :headbang:

IDW has a couple of sleepers on hand with Rom and Archangel foil. I'm not certain how big their audiences are but the print runs are small and Rom is being integrated into his 2nd very popular universe. that should stand out to people.

The Marvel Cho variants are pretty cool. The only concern here is that there are a LOT of CWII variants. If CWII has a big cover, it will be these or the Noto's imo. Other Marvel stuff was just okay.

Image nailed it for Negan fans (I'm not one of them) and prices are good for Horizon, which I haven't read yet, and Snotgirl, which I jumped off the bandwagon as of issue #1. You'd be better off putting any money you had set aside for Snotgirl and buy something like Monstress #1 with it imo.

I'm sure I missed lots of stuff but these were all of the books I watched since Wednesday.

Can someone with the rebirth foils in hand, confirm the condition of these books. I was told by a pretty reliable source that the print run on these was terrible and HQ is going to be very difficult with these?

I saw them first hand and yes, they were horrible. All of them had spine issues and the foil DC used was super thin. I had Cynthia from CCS take a look at it and even she needed a 2nd opinion could be pressed out. So, I'll have to wait and see what happens there. But yeah... bad shape!

Dre has NM + ones. I have some nice ones. Not every ones is that bad.

They weren't letting me go through stacks but the one worker guy did take back a few and give me better ones.

I had a few on the table and some guy grabbed them and started flipping through them. I point to the guy selling them and he got frustrated but took them away and looked for a good one for me again. lol

Great time to buy. Buying all the WD 108 low priced 9.8 contenders I can get my hands on. He has a fricking tiger!

Good night, I cannot believe how those Batman Foils have BLOWN UP.

Couple nights ago I could not find Batman, but did snag a WW, and Superman. Next day, those Batmans shoot up from $25 to $75, and it's been off to the races ever since.

Guess I missed it by about 12 hours for a reasonable price :mad:

Good night, I cannot believe how those Batman Foils have BLOWN UP.

Couple nights ago I could not find Batman, but did snag a WW, and Superman. Next day, those Batmans shoot up from $25 to $75, and it's been off to the races ever since.

Guess I missed it by about 12 hours for a reasonable price :mad:

making me paranoid about the other 3 foils...maybe I should stock up.

Sunday the batman and wonder woman were all sold out

There might be some left overs of the others.

yeah I was wondering if Wonder Woman might be the next one.....I think Superman new 52 has caused a hit to his popularity.

Of course I grabbed a copy of the Justice League 1 because I thought the cover was cool and didn't get the Batman. Better luck next time

Black Hammer was a great read. Hopefully the book does well.

And that Death of X Psylocke Cover by Jenny Frison is one of my new favorites.

She's one of my favorite artists, but this is a true show stopper, even for her.

I enjoyed that Psylocke cover a ton too.

I never buy variants and definitely not multiples. But they were pretty cheap, so I bought a couple.

Think I'm in love with Frison.

Seems to get better with time.

Hopefully on the same trajectory as Fiona.

Patrick