• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,873 posts in this topic

I had it noted as September of 1988. Not sure if it varies for DC and Marvel, but I was looking for Batman issues and that puts it just before Death in the Family. The latest one I own is Batman 410 and that's August of 1987.

According to Doug Sulipa's website, there were Canadian DC newsstand variants published until September 1988. The last Batman issue with one was 423.

I had it noted as September of 1988. Not sure if it varies for DC and Marvel, but I was looking for Batman issues and that puts it just before Death in the Family. The latest one I own is Batman 410 and that's August of 1987.

According to Doug Sulipa's website, there were Canadian DC newsstand variants published until September 1988. The last Batman issue with one was 423.

Based on what I have seen, Doug's post is correct. There are some 1988 DCs with funky cover prices above $1.00 that are harder to find.

Based on what I have seen, Doug's post is correct. There are some 1988 DCs with funky cover prices above $1.00 that are harder to find.

Like the 1.60 price tag on Funny Stuff, 2.10 on Batman 400 and I've seen some with 1.35. I think "Last Days of the Juctice Society" had a 3.50 price tag.

163414.jpg.b7a34969b33e34fe2736c30c98ceb4ad.jpg

Like the 1.60 price tag on Funny Stuff, 2.10 on Batman 400 and I've seen some with 1.35. I think "Last Days of the Juctice Society" had a 3.50 price tag.

I have to look, but I'm sure I have $1.65 as a cover price as well, can't remember the books. I'll try to get up scans or pics.

Jay

Does anyone know a timeline as to when these Canadian edition prints stopped?

Read Doug Sulipa's market reports in Overstreet. I can't recall exactly, but Marvel was around 2/82-6/86 and DC was 2/82 to 9/88 or so.

(thumbs uhm

A238CGC96CAD_zps5ccb0a74.jpg

I just got the exact same back from CGC and almost panicked when I saw it was the Canadian version (what should I have expected? I bought it from a Canadian). I was worried that it would not hold the same value. Then I started checking sales and they were strong. Next I saw this thread and realized the Canadian 75 cent-ers are appreciated so my Canadian ASM 238 9.6 will be replacing my red label ASM 238 9.2.

Thanks. I just picked up a nice 9.8 Marvel that wasn't label [or priced for that matter as a Canadian edition]. :cloud9:

Gotta love that!

I've bought a few books in the past that were not labeled correctly And flew under the radar. I did reholder a Wolverine 2 for correct labeling.