• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Single series 20 Tarzan
1 1

61 posts in this topic

1801115001_2724ea306f_b.jpg

This is another page from the Egyptian story which should be in Tarzan SS 20. I have several more pages from various Tip Top issues but I don't think I have any from SS 20. Fortunately, the early stories were published in both comics and the hardback I think. hm

Edited by BB-Gun

Anyone have this book for sale

Anyone know of where one might be for sale

Please help a fellow boardie

Thanks

Dave

Well, if you are patient, I am sure that one will show up on the Heritage Auction website as they seem to show up there quite often. :taptaptap:

Actually, if you check the HA auction archives, it looks like they have sold in excess of 20 copies of this book over the years. It also looks like some of them are open to offers to the new owners if you want to give that a try. hm

Come on guys

Who has this book

Paging MrBedrock...

I hate it when he posts his Central Valley copy.

Should've bought the damn thing from Brian when he was displaying it raw at SDCC. :cry:

Here's my copy, no fine or vf but a book I always wanted. Good Luck in your hunt.

Not a book that gets a lot of play here on the boards. But, every time I see it, I like it more!

Love me some SS 20! I've owned a number of copies over the years. Such a great book and hugely influential. The first comic with all full-color Hal Foster Tarzan -- and the famous Egyptian story arc as well. Frank Frazetta called it the "Bible.' Al Williamson called it the "Encyclopedia Britannica."

Here's my current copy:

rqWTHpI.jpg

Single Series #20 is a book that was highly touted in the earlier price guides, but interest seems to have waned somewhat since then.

tarzanss20-f_zps0gdp2kid.jpg

Yes, definitely seems to be following the same trajectory as all of the other newspaper feature related books which were once amongst some of the most valuable books in the hobby.

Definitely no longer the case here for a long time now. :(

Come on guys

Who has this book

Paging MrBedrock...

Should've bought the damn thing from Brian when he was displaying it raw at SDCC. :cry:

If you remember, he never quoted a price at that show because.... I already had it on hold ;)

singleseries20.jpg

Come on guys

Who has this book

Paging MrBedrock...

If you remember, he never quoted a price at that show because.... I already had it on hold ;)

singleseries20.jpg

:luhv: