• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

I am not going to post it right now but my earliest work showing comic book continuity was done at age 15. It was published, if you will, on ditto, and it shows a very young man with no particular talent. It was the start.

I worked to improve and when I reached a certain stage I became embarrassed by my earlier work. I destroyed every copy I had.

Perhaps twenty years later a friend found a copy in his accumulation. He gave it to me as a birthday gift. It is now in my portfolio.

Gino, those are great!!!.You had a thing for decapitations it seems...hahah Looking back at old art/stories from elementary school is always humorous And all of that for just $1.95, too!? :headbang: love it.

:hi: Thanks Andrea!! or whoops CQ!! Yeah I was inspired by your AWESOME OWL water color post to share something on here and thought wow perfect timing since the folks brought those up...I was even happier they had kept them!!! I would have never thought in a million years!! Yeah it was pretty crazy to think thats the stuff that was running through my head and that my oldest daughter is halfway to the age I was when I did em...

Obviously you know I have focused more on sports, piano, and nursing it up since then and kind of gave up the drawing thing but I still doodle every now and then...well at least I did before I had 3 lovely kiddos :cloud9: Heres some of my better stuff...Nothing is traced but I did use references for all of them making em much bigger...The Beetle and Electro are from comic covers....The Constrictor a Bowen statue...then obviously a few MegaMen and the Unstoppable Juggernaut I saw a picture of on the internet and really liked...hope the move is going well my nerdy friend!!

28396038822_0975654e1e_c.jpg

28500944615_6856028a7e_c.jpg

28469147236_14313338f5_c.jpg

27884544624_055d50c320_c.jpg

28423227661_6c339ca91d_c.jpg

28396041762_cd4270c517_c.jpg

Latest commission, it measures 18" x 23".

I had never heard of this magazine before this customer asked me to do this piece for him.

I worked on the inking stage of this piece 2 weekends ago, and found my tendonitis flared up and I was in a lot of pain. I pushed through it to finish.

Did the color last weekend.

I have another one similar to this to do this weekend. Glad this one turned out ok.

Creem%20Magazine%20Finished_zpspq9zhxif.jpg

Latest commission, it measures 18" x 23".

I had never heard of this magazine before this customer asked me to do this piece for him.

I worked on the inking stage of this piece 2 weekends ago, and found my tendonitis flared up and I was in a lot of pain. I pushed through it to finish.

Did the color last weekend.

I have another one similar to this to do this weekend. Glad this one turned out ok.

Creem%20Magazine%20Finished_zpspq9zhxif.jpg

Hi, Artboy. The Creem cover is a knockout.

I will be posting three images. I did these when I was about 14. They were inked (that is, transferred to ditto) and lettered by somebody else but I don't remember who. I had culled them from my stack of work but, since they had gone to ditto there were multiple copies. Lucky me. I keep them in my portfolio now. I hope someone enjoys them.

First%20Comic%203.jpeg