• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What makes an A–Level PREACHER page?
2 2

413 posts in this topic

Question:

Is the Preacher TV show doing well:

a) general population (non-comic fan) popularity

b) fanboy feedback on if it's living up to expectations

c) critical review of if it's getting the ratings and if the network is happy with the series viewership

AND

Is now a good time to sell mid-level Preacher original art pages, off of the hype, or have we not yet seen it near pinnacle and holding onto 'em may be a smarter play for the long term?

I have pages that only feature Tulip and Amy, and unfortunately or fortunately, it's a sequential series of pages that is a full scene spread across 4 pages, so in one breath I'd hate to sell only one, and in another breath, I don't want to sell them all either, nor if I did do a sale, I get a sense that whenever you lot a series of pages as opposed to break them apart with individual solicitations, the lots usually command lower price per pg averages and the single sale offerings do the best.

I have Preacher #52 pages 12-15, and thought the valuation was about $1k per page +/-.

A) Doing ok. Renewed for a 2nd season. I think showrunners might have been hoping for a bigger audience though.

B) I am a fanboy. My expectations were super low. It has slightly exceeded those expectations. Not surprisingly, the best part of the show are the SOK scenes. They most closely resemble the comic

C) One article I read said 1.65 million viewers in total. I doubt they are thrilled with the rating but probably find it worth continuing to see if it will catch on.

If you are looking for 1k per page, I would think you should hold off and hope that the show picks up more steam. I haven't seen any sales that would justify those being 1k.

BLOOD & WHISKEY page 18 got a hit on it's opening bid of $825 two hours after the auction went live.

Looks like a typical B&W page. It this the floor now for this book :cry:

Ended $1,331.00 hm

Didn't think it would go that high.

Me either. I guess the $825 opening bid within a couple of hours of listing should have been an indicator. But I've given up trying to predict closing prices on PREACHER pages long ago.

The only thing i know for certain is the seller must have agonized over the first 6 days 23 hours then jumped out of his chair in the last 4 seconds of the auction closing.

163774.png.3616a43d487ffc262f4e282543b6fbe5.png

Still have this page... Issue 8, page 16. Preacher, Tulip, Jody and TC. I picked it up for the page panel layout and for the dialog. It basically tells a small story in one page.

A-level page? (shrug)

(Blurred out two swear words...)

Preacher-8-pg16.jpg

Still have this page... Issue 8, page 16. Preacher, Tulip, Jody and TC. I picked it up for the page panel layout and for the dialog. It basically tells a small story in one page.

A-level page? (shrug)

(Blurred out two swear words...)

Preacher-8-pg16.jpg

Looks pretty nice to me.

I've got page 17, so :takeit::baiting:

I just put up Issue #52, pages #12, 13, 14, and 15, a sequence as individual consigned auctions on Comic Link.

It's the gang rape scene with Amy where Tulip rescues here.

I bought them individually, but collectively as a group. I asked folks if I should offer it as a lot of 4 pages for the full sequence rather than break it up, but was advised it's better to break it up and let people pick whatever pages they want or could afford, and if someone wanted all 4 to keep 'em together, they could simply and easily bid on all 4 since they're offered all at once.

Here they are here:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/allsub.asp?Focused=1&id=1398&Artist=STEVE%20DILLON

Right now they're between $400-600 each.

I just put up Issue #52, pages #12, 13, 14, and 15, a sequence as individual consigned auctions on Comic Link.

It's the gang rape scene with Amy where Tulip rescues here.

I bought them individually, but collectively as a group. I asked folks if I should offer it as a lot of 4 pages for the full sequence rather than break it up, but was advised it's better to break it up and let people pick whatever pages they want or could afford, and if someone wanted all 4 to keep 'em together, they could simply and easily bid on all 4 since they're offered all at once.

Here they are here:

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/allsub.asp?Focused=1&id=1398&Artist=STEVE%20DILLON

Right now they're between $400-600 each.

What's a PREACHER page going to cost you?

About $125 more this month than last. :cry:

PREACHER 52 Page 12 sold on CLink for $475

now listed on eBay with a bid for $600

$700+ for the Starr AND JESSE page that just ended on eBay.

Any guesses on the three CLink pages? Two feature Jesse, and the old one (issue 6) is particularly nice:

Fixed that for you lol

Pretty strong result for that page, IMO. Maybe Starr is getting the respect he deserves (dare I say demands :blush: ).

Not predictions on the CLink auction results, but I do predict a page a week on eBay like the good old days. This time around the starting prices aren't going to be $79.95, however, but $799.50 :facepalm:

Ha! I stand corrected.

$700+ for the Starr AND JESSE page that just ended on eBay.

Any guesses on the three CLink pages? Two feature Jesse, and the old one (issue 6) is particularly nice:

Fixed that for you lol

Pretty strong result for that page, IMO. Maybe Starr is getting the respect he deserves (dare I say demands :blush: ).

Not predictions on the CLink auction results, but I do predict a page a week on eBay like the good old days. This time around the starting prices aren't going to be $79.95, however, but $799.50 :facepalm: