• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mouse Guard Appreciation Thread

165 posts in this topic

I am reading these through again with my kiddos.

If someone doesn't beat me to it I will list first appearances by issue.

Still would like to know print runs on fall and winter since those were the earliest

Man I would love to get some OA. Anyone selling?

Comiclink had 3-4 real nice pieces sell a few weeks ago. Considering what those sold for and what a couple pieces sold for on Ebay prices are surely spiking on his work. I really don't see them come up too often either and when they do they sell well.

I want to get my hands on a couple of his toned paper commissions he has been doing at con's, except of course he started doing this after ECCC so I missed out. Hopefully next year though.

Comiclink had 3-4 real nice pieces sell a few weeks ago. Considering what those sold for and what a couple pieces sold for on Ebay prices are surely spiking on his work. I really don't see them come up too often either and when they do they sell well.

I want to get my hands on a couple of his toned paper commissions he has been doing at con's, except of course he started doing this after ECCC so I missed out. Hopefully next year though.

Legends of the Guard cover for sale at the next Heritage auction.

Anyone know if these have to be submitted to cgc under magazine tier? The ones I have graded are all in the large holders. Maybe with the new cases they would fit in regular cases??!?

To me it looks like 8x8 could fit. Anyone else have thoughts?

Nice!

Do you know when it will go up?

Nice!

Already up. Here is the link:

Legends of the Guard cover V2#1

Nice!

Already up. Here is the link:

Legends of the Guard cover V2#1

Fantastic thanks!

Saw this too

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/david-petersen-mouse-guard-legends-of-the-guard-v2-1-page-11-original-art-archaia-studios-2013-/a/7139-94227.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Any guesses on what the cover will go for?

For those asking and haven't read the wonderful series: As I read through each again with my kiddos I will recap my thoughts on keys. I know we are talking mice, but this is a cult thing and if you are a fan you like to dissect your hobby (no pun intended mice).

I would consider all the Fall 1152 issues important and believe have low print runs (still would like confirmation).

We all know #1 is huge especially the $3.00 cover and first print which only had about 6K made. If you want to look at undervalued I would say 3, 4, and 6 as those have some of my favorite stories and characters introduced.

#1 First appearance of Kenzie, Saxon, Lieam

#2 First appearance of Sadie, First and Death of Conrad

#3 First appearance of Midnight and The Axe Army :devil:

#4 First appearance of Celanawe and The Black Axe :preach:

#5 First appearance of Rand

#6 First appearance of Gwendolyn :cloud9:

Edited by 1p36DSA

What would be the top three issues of the series? I would like to hear your opinions.
If you are talking the most $$$ desired, I would say...

The Comixpress edition

The original Sketchbook

and the #1 regular edition

If you are talking about quality...

The first three issues and Winter's #1.

My 2c

Anyone willing to share interior pictures of the 2005 or 2005 mouse guard sketch books if you are so lucky to own one? These are the only ones I haven't seen Davids work from and can't find any google search that leads to anything besides covers.

thanks ahead of time and I will owe you one if you take time to do this!

For those who are into OA Serena Malyon will be listing 2 pieces every week on her website starting next week. She did all the art for the Mouse Guard Alphabet book. Each piece IMO deserves to be showcased as prints! She is super down to earth so feel free to send her an email if you are interested in a specific piece.

http://serenamalyon.com/shop/