• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

Today's local find...

Showcase 9 in the wild :cloud9:

Black Knight 1

Mystery in Space 53

Flash 118

A nice group of lower grade Archie's and other esoteric books.

What I think is a 15 cent variant Archie Joke Book :-). Googled and saw a 12c copy for sale on eBay :-)

And more old 10-15 cent issues

About a short box full

You and your protege never cease to amaze me, my friend. :-)

Today's local find...

Black Knight 1

Mystery in Space 53

Flash 118

What I think is a 15 cent variant Archie Joke Book :-). Googled and saw a 12c copy for sale on eBay :-)

About a short box full

Nothing like finding raw, un-bagged old comics out in "the wild". Most of what turns up usually is the kind of stuff in the short box un-fortunately. But, there are days... Congrats on your find!

Last Tuesday I was in the LCS and a young woman, early 20s, came in with a clear garbage bag full of comics. Looked like 70s stuff with no bags/boards from what I could glean. I wanted to get her out in the parking lot but the LCS owner is a fair guy to me so I din't try and give her the high-sign.

Today's local find...

Black Knight 1

Mystery in Space 53

Flash 118

About a short box full

Showcase 9 :luhv:

No yard sales this weekend, but my LCS had a Sidewalk Sale that started at 8am. These can be a shoot, but I've found enough stuff over the years to keep me turning up. Usually I get there about 7:45 and people have already started digging, but this time they made everyone wait until 8, so that was nice.

Comics were all 50 cents a pop. Nothing jaw-dropping, but some solid pick ups for sure. Those late run Punishers are tough to find, especially in nice shape. The Silver Surfer 100 Marvel Watch variant is a nice book, and the Hughes Watchmen and Justice League 30 have popped recently as well.

205ehbr.jpg

A couple of Wolverine Deluxe/newsstand variants, some shiny X-Men books, and some stuff for the personal collection. The large stack in the back are all Hellblazers, and the smaller stack are Bolland Animal Man. I've been working on both runs slowly, never paying more than $1, and I'm fairly close to finishing the runs!

ev2jqq.jpg

So, a couple hundred books, and it scratched my bargain bin itch.

Also got these

paperbacks_zpswiwhudmo.jpg

And Beetle Bailey rules!

beetle_zpsh2ufdz2u.jpg

Then this thing - I love how the cover art is god-awful and it's a How To book. It has twenty pages of 11 x 17 blue line paper and a comic book with instructions. It's freaky and I couldn't leave it there for a buck.

howtocomic_zpsqd13hhke.jpg

howtocomic2_zpsmhrhx6vf.jpg

Only bought 1 Transformer.

Patrick

I'm not familiar with Patrick the Transformer, what does he turn into?

My point was to illustrate that there are as many failures as there are successes.

I failed to previously mention that I drove a LONG way for pretty much nothing.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Patrick

Only bought 1 Transformer.

Patrick

I'm not familiar with Patrick the Transformer, what does he turn into?

My point was to illustrate that there are as many failures as there are successes.

I failed to previously mention that I drove a LONG way for pretty much nothing.

That's the way the cookie crumbles.

Patrick

But you still got the Patrick transformer, right? :baiting:

As soon as I saw this, it was on! But alas, it was the only one I could find...

see%20magazine_zpsuuy0amsf.jpg

I have never seen anything like this in the wild or at shops for that matter. I imagine there is less of it in the South than other areas. The over the top nature of some of the men's magazines through the 60's is astounding.

I hit a sidewalk seller I had gotten some decent things from in the past, and while I know he is negotiable he has silly prices on any of his decent stuff, so now it's pointless. He sells records and i picked up a copy of Cheap Thrills from Big Brother and the Holding Company (Joplin) with that great Crumb album cover. Not the mono version, so I didn't make out like a bandit, although the record looks in nice shape (not that I have a working turntable)...worth the $5 spent just as wall adornment.