• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Received my copy of the Ultimate Edition blu-ray today, confused as the cover states 30 minutes of additional footage, while the Digital HD version states 2:31 and the Digital HD Extended Edition states 2:51. That's 20 minutes, not 30. I don't think the Ultimate Edition is longer than the Extended Digital HD version is, or is it as the Ultimate Edition states 181 minutes? Anyone want to check the Extended Digital HD version and see if it's 2:51 or 3:01 mislabeled? So you guys that thought you saw the full Ultimate version on Digital HD might have missed an additional 10 minutes if it's correct...

I'm not sure what your packaging looked like on the movie, but this is what I received.

VPqmjLW.jpg

Theatrical Version: 151 mins. (2 hours, 31 minutes)

Ultimate Edition: 182 mins. (3 hours, 2 minutes)

What is with this movie? You would think after all that has transpired over the last year, that they could release a DVD without further problems, etc.

(shrug)

:baiting:

Received my copy of the Ultimate Edition blu-ray today, confused as the cover states 30 minutes of additional footage, while the Digital HD version states 2:31 and the Digital HD Extended Edition states 2:51. That's 20 minutes, not 30. I don't think the Ultimate Edition is longer than the Extended Digital HD version is, or is it as the Ultimate Edition states 181 minutes? Anyone want to check the Extended Digital HD version and see if it's 2:51 or 3:01 mislabeled? So you guys that thought you saw the full Ultimate version on Digital HD might have missed an additional 10 minutes if it's correct...

I'm not sure what your packaging looked like on the movie, but this is what I received.

VPqmjLW.jpg

Theatrical Version: 151 mins. (2 hours, 31 minutes)

Ultimate Edition: 182 mins. (3 hours, 2 minutes)

What is with this movie? You would think after all that has transpired over the last year, that they could release a DVD without further problems, etc.

(shrug)

I said the Digital HD description (that's online), but it's been corrected since.

I said the Digital HD description (that's online), but it's been corrected since.

Odd situation all-around, as even when I had checked my VUDU account on the Digital HD copy of The Ultimate Edition, it was showing 3 hours 2 minutes.

Who knows? At least the movie is out there now.

(shrug)

Finally watched this today. By far, without a doubt, the worst superhero movie I've ever seen. Breathtakingly awful. Still kind of in shock.

Since I'm not a DC guy and I don't want to read all 700+ pages of this thread, can someone humor me and shed some insight into:

1. Why Batman used so many guns?

2. When did Batman start killing so many people?

3. Why Superman can't swim 8ft down to recover the Kryptonite spear but yet he can fly a mile with it in his hand?

4. Why the Batman could go from being dead set on killing Superman and a few minutes later be referring to him as his "friend"? That's a ludicrous turn of events all due to their mothers having the same name.

5. What in world was the dream sequence about where Sup unmasks Batman? Krikees that's was out of place.

6. And finally...did you DC fans actually like this film or is it as embarrassing to you as i imagine it should be?

Thanks!

Edited by jaybes

Finally watched this today. By far, without a doubt, the worst superhero movie I've ever seen. Breathtakingly awful. Still kind of in shock.

Since I'm not a DC guy and I don't want to read all 700+ pages of this thread, can someone humor me and shed some insight into:

1. Why Batman used so many guns?

2. When did Batman start killing so many people?

3. Why Superman can't swim 8ft down to recover the Kryptonite spear but yet he can fly a mile with it in his hand?

4. Why the Batman could go from being dead set on killing Superman and a few minutes later be referring to him as his "friend"? That's a ludicrous turn of events all due to their mothers having the same name.

5. What in world was the dream sequence about where Sup unmasks Batman? Krikees that's was out of place.

6. And finally...did you DC fans actually like this film or is it as embarrassing to you as i imagine it should be?

Thanks!

I'll take a stab at this.

First, the items that you question, are the exact ones that everyone with a negative view of the movie also question. Batman is totally out of character in this movie. For me I would like for BvS to at least give me some heroic Batman before giving me bitter, vengeful Batman. Secondly, dream sequence suffered greatly from poor editing. It wasn't quite clear in the theater what was going on, so not much help here either.

As a DC fan, I have mixed feelings about the movie. For the most part, it's a good movie from a technical standpoint. Great photography, good - great acting, good intent for not being a Marvel movie. Basically, it's a big time movie that looked great on the screen. However, I don't like the Batman that it presents for 95% of the movie and I hate Superman dying for an underdeveloped enemy. On the bright side, Wonder Woman was fantastic. Parts of Bruce Wayne and Alfred were good. I really like Afleck as Batman. But Zack Snyder nearly ruined this franchise. Typically, I like his movies, but he and the writers missed the mark with this one.

I just watched the extended edition and was wondering. Do we know what Lex was doing in the ship in the red liquid with the large gray creature with the 3 squares when he gets captured after Doomsday is killed?

Nope, and supposedly that's Steppenwolf.

I just watched the extended edition and was wondering. Do we know what Lex was doing in the ship in the red liquid with the large gray creature with the 3 squares when he gets captured after Doomsday is killed?

I believe it was an aspect of Steppenwolf communicating that he was coming, which is why when Batman comes to visit him later in jail Lex warns that it is too late now.

‘Batman v Superman’ Shoots to Top of Disc Charts

Warner Bros.’ “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” fought its way to an easy No. 1 debut on the NPD VideoScan First Alert sales chart, which tracks combined DVD and Blu-ray Disc unit sales, and the dedicated Blu-ray Disc chart the week ended July 24.

To counter some of the backlash, almost immediately upon the “BvS” theatrical debut in March the studio touted that a three-hour extended cut of the film would eventually be released on home video. That version received much acclaim from fans and its existence seems to have driven some of the title’s home video success. The extended cut is available only on the “Ultimate Edition” Blu-ray copies of the movie, not the standalone DVD version, and the first week of release for “Batman v Superman” saw 70% of its copies sold coming from the Blu-ray format — one of the highest first-week Blu-ray percentages ever for a major theatrical release new to disc (the record is the 83% put up by “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” earlier this year).

Don't forget Luthor. He sucked bull wiener.

Is there an extended "Martha" scene in the new version. That had to be the single worst piece of acting/-script writing I have seen in recent memory.

You don't watch many movies, do you?

You should have seen Iron Man 3 when they revealed the Mandarin wasn't really the Mandarin after all that build-up. It was some lame actor being portrayed by one of the greatest living actors today.

I'd go with the Martha line over this waste of talent any day.

(:

I purchased and watched the extended cut of this film tonight.

While I am not exactly sure what was added I do have to say I enjoyed this viewing.

It seemed to flow better, perhaps it also benefitted from this being the second time I have seen this film, but I actually quite liked it this time around.

8/10 now, (thumbs u

While I am not exactly sure what was added I do have to say I enjoyed this viewing.

It seemed to flow better, perhaps it also benefitted from this being the second time I have seen this film, but I actually quite liked it this time around.

8/10 now, (thumbs u

I agree it was better, but certain things still needed to be fixed. I'm still a little confused why the Flash in the Justice League movie looks different than B vs S, hair, goatee and all. I prefer his look in Justice League compared to B vs S, just confused why there was no continuity. Some things in B vs S are still a little confusing if you are not a comic book fan or have friends who are. Captain America Civil War did not have that problem and is now my new gold standard in which to compare other super hero films to.

8/10 now, (thumbs u

I agree it was better, but certain things still needed to be fixed. I'm still a little confused why the Flash in the Justice League movie looks different than B vs S, hair, goatee and all. I prefer his look in Justice League compared to B vs S, just confused why there was no continuity. Some things in B vs S are still a little confusing if you are not a comic book fan or have friends who are. Captain America Civil War did not have that problem and is now my new gold standard in which to compare other super hero films to.

If I may - the only problem with Civil War is that there are a few key points that could be lost on the casual viewer, like the idea that there's been tension building up from previous events, how Scott fits into things, why this "Sokovia" is so important... I'm sure people get the gist, but I'm not sure it's the gold standard for a standalone superhero flick. Which is why I like to think of the MCU as a really long, high budget TV series.

8/10 now, (thumbs u

I think we should let Ax take this one... ;)