• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

I have to get that Back Issue myself. There was an audio interview somewhere on the Internet around the time of his Brush with Passion book. I tried to find the site but I think it doesn't exist anymore. The site had something to do with Frazetta and other illustrators.

Dragon Girl

I think only fifty were signed/numbered by Stevens and Stout. I would think twice about dropping $6000. Unless the image is a stock photo. Waiting to hear back from the seller.

It's the original. Profiles in History is auctioning it off from Frank Darabont's collection.

http://profilesinhistory.com/auctions/frank-darabont-collection/

Dragon Girl

I think only fifty were signed/numbered by Stevens and Stout. I would think twice about dropping $6000. Unless the image is a stock photo. Waiting to hear back from the seller.

It's the original. Profiles in History is auctioning it off from Frank Darabont's collection.

http://profilesinhistory.com/auctions/frank-darabont-collection/

I'm not doubting that it's an original, it's the "signed" part that I'm looking at. I don't think of the copyright as a signed copy.

Also, saw this on ebay today: Comics Journal 117 on ebay

I have a copy and thought someone would like this.

I never bought many issues of Comics Journal but I have this one. Between the Stevens article and the Russ Heath article, it's a keeper. Great issue

Female-Led Sequel To Joe Johnson's THE ROCKETEER In The Works At Disney

According to THR, a sequel to Joe Johnson's cult classic, The Rocketeer, is in early development as Disney. Though they refer to the project as a "reboot-sequel", the story is set in the original continuity and takes place 6 years after. This time, however, it won't be Cliff Secord blasting through the skies, as the movie is to "be headlined by a black female character."

Max Winkler and Matt Spicer will pen the -script, with Brigham Taylor, Blake Griffin and Ryan Kalil on board as producers. The follow-up will actually be titled The Rocketeers, and you can check out a synopsis below.

Set six years after the original Rocketeer and after Secord has vanished while fighting the Nazis, an unlikely new hero emerges: a young African–American female pilot, who takes up the mantle of Rocketeer in an attempt to stop an ambitious and corrupt rocket scientist from stealing jetpack technology in what could prove to be a turning point in the Cold War.

Anyone want to weigh in on the validity of this eBay auction of supposedly original Dave Stevens art?

The description has red flags all over it, and I'm fairly certain that most Stevens art remains in his estate... but I also believe there are a few pages that have leaked out into the public. Could this be one?