• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

Since the dust is settling a bit now, which books do you guys think were the big winners from SDCC?

Betty and Veronica #1 SDCC variant

Not alot of sellers. Must be hoarding it for a rainy day...... doh!

Since the dust is settling a bit now, which books do you guys think were the big winners from SDCC?

Dark Horse is the big winner. Briggs Land ( AMC TV show ? ) and Black Hammer are rocking the secondary market. Especially when taking into account the initial cost of each. Hoping that Black Hammer is ongoing. It grabbed me in the same way Invincible did the first time I read it.

Black Mask are masters of marketing. They are far from being the next Image. Monstress as a title has almost as many completed sales as the entire Black Mask line on ebay. Take out variants and Monstress wins. Thats 1 Image title vs an entire line. BM is more comparable to Enormous on certain titles. Small audiences with even smaller print runs. The marketing is exceptional. Take a book that say 100-150 people might want, make 66 copies, and voila. Short printed books that bring money and get all of our favorite spec sites and bloggers noticing. Its brilliant and I hope it works for them.

Rebirth Foil covers ROCK :headbang:

IDW has a couple of sleepers on hand with Rom and Archangel foil. I'm not certain how big their audiences are but the print runs are small and Rom is being integrated into his 2nd very popular universe. that should stand out to people.

The Marvel Cho variants are pretty cool. The only concern here is that there are a LOT of CWII variants. If CWII has a big cover, it will be these or the Noto's imo. Other Marvel stuff was just okay.

Image nailed it for Negan fans (I'm not one of them) and prices are good for Horizon, which I haven't read yet, and Snotgirl, which I jumped off the bandwagon as of issue #1. You'd be better off putting any money you had set aside for Snotgirl and buy something like Monstress #1 with it imo.

I'm sure I missed lots of stuff but these were all of the books I watched since Wednesday.

Batman 1 Rebirth Foil is doing really well

Agree the popular choice. Down the road maybe Wonder Woman as well.

Really the big winners are the guys who sold their books to pay their cost so they got greatly reduced trip. (thumbs u

Batman 1 Rebirth Foil is doing really well

Agree the popular choice. Down the road maybe Wonder Woman as well.

Really the big winners are the guys who sold their books to pay their cost so they got greatly reduced trip. (thumbs u

+1

Congrats to them.

Hillbilly Sketch seems to be a big winner.

Yep, forgot that one. Its a really nice looking book. (thumbs u

I slept on it and didnt buy raw at pre sale here. Luckily Rich Henn did a pre sale for SS which I went with. It's my choice for sure!

Dark Horse is the big winner. Briggs Land ( AMC TV show ? ) and Black Hammer are rocking the secondary market. Especially when taking into account the initial cost of each. Hoping that Black Hammer is ongoing. It grabbed me in the same way Invincible did the first time I read it.

Black Mask are masters of marketing. They are far from being the next Image. Monstress as a title has almost as many completed sales as the entire Black Mask line on ebay. Take out variants and Monstress wins. Thats 1 Image title vs an entire line. BM is more comparable to Enormous on certain titles. Small audiences with even smaller print runs. The marketing is exceptional. Take a book that say 100-150 people might want, make 66 copies, and voila. Short printed books that bring money and get all of our favorite spec sites and bloggers noticing. Its brilliant and I hope it works for them.

Rebirth Foil covers ROCK :headbang:

IDW has a couple of sleepers on hand with Rom and Archangel foil. I'm not certain how big their audiences are but the print runs are small and Rom is being integrated into his 2nd very popular universe. that should stand out to people.

The Marvel Cho variants are pretty cool. The only concern here is that there are a LOT of CWII variants. If CWII has a big cover, it will be these or the Noto's imo. Other Marvel stuff was just okay.

Image nailed it for Negan fans (I'm not one of them) and prices are good for Horizon, which I haven't read yet, and Snotgirl, which I jumped off the bandwagon as of issue #1. You'd be better off putting any money you had set aside for Snotgirl and buy something like Monstress #1 with it imo.

I'm sure I missed lots of stuff but these were all of the books I watched since Wednesday.

I flipped thru Snotgirl. The art looks fairly solid, but the subject matter wasn't my jam.

Patrick

Black Hammer was a great read. Hopefully the book does well.

And that Death of X Psylocke Cover by Jenny Frison is one of my new favorites.

She's one of my favorite artists, but this is a true show stopper, even for her.

She's one of my favorite artists, but this is a true show stopper, even for her.

Nice cover, but on Astonishing Ant Man 10? (shrug)

If you dont mind Frison swiping McGuinness.........