• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze Horror Thread
16 16

Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your four favorite Bronze Horror Title:

14,909 posts in this topic

Another one of my favorite I get obsessed about.

I have the Mass (9.8) and the Don Rosa ( 9.0) pedigrees of that book. Plus a Mark Jewelers copy and another HG raw copy.

Is DC Horror making a comeback? I remember years ago when they were all the rage and the prices they were fetching were incredible which was when i decided to sell but i still kept an eye on sales as it was a genre i remembered and collected fondly. Prices then started to dip and then flatlined but in the past year they seem to have been on the rise again, especially the issues with classic covers and those in high grade. A House of Secrets #94 that fits both bills and a comic that has always frustratingly eluded me in high grade was sitting at such a reasonable price yesterday that i thought i would bid on it just to say i finally managed to get a copy. The price with about6 hours to go was $229 which was below my maximum bid but I had to go out and do something so I thought I would bid when I came back. So 20 minutes later I came home and when I checked it had more than doubled to $485. I could not believe it as there were still several hours to go. A little over an hour later it then rose up to $555 which was above my max bid so I didn’t bid. Im not sure what the GPA is on this book but it finished above $1200 which seems like a strong price and a lot more than I thought it was going to fetch. Anybody have any thoughts.

Is DC Horror making a comeback? I remember years ago when they were all the rage and the prices they were fetching were incredible which was when i decided to sell but i still kept an eye on sales as it was a genre i remembered and collected fondly. Prices then started to dip and then flatlined but in the past year they seem to have been on the rise again, especially the issues with classic covers and those in high grade. A House of Secrets #94 that fits both bills and a comic that has always frustratingly eluded me in high grade was sitting at such a reasonable price yesterday that i thought i would bid on it just to say i finally managed to get a copy. The price with about6 hours to go was $229 which was below my maximum bid but I had to go out and do something so I thought I would bid when I came back. So 20 minutes later I came home and when I checked it had more than doubled to $485. I could not believe it as there were still several hours to go. A little over an hour later it then rose up to $555 which was above my max bid so I didn’t bid. Im not sure what the GPA is on this book but it finished above $1200 which seems like a strong price and a lot more than I thought it was going to fetch. Anybody have any thoughts.

Where's the link to the book you refer to?

It all basically boils down to if there's competition for any book at any point in time. Bernie is always in demand, anyways. Want to see what my 9.8 Dominguez cover of Ghosts will sell for? Cheap.

Frankly b/c of the height of the 2000-2004 timeframe I think a lot of books are overpriced now. I've been gone five years and I see the same issues for sale. So I'd say AT BEST "certain issues of a common popular cover artist" is hotter momentarily, but I definitely don't buy the genre is on fire. Which is the way I like it. How else am I going to get 9.8 issues for less than I paid for 9.6 copies?

Here's a well aligned copy of a HOS 91 in 9.4 /White pages that sold at least $50 cheaper than I paid for 9.4:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/House-of-Secrets-91-CGC-9-4-White-Pages-Neal-Adams-Cover-2nd-Highest-Graded-/232010044319?hash=item3604e0539f%3Ag%3AbsMAAOSwkl5Xfn4c&nma=true&si=a%252B1tlkBW%252BasvgpfZwLHyYBDKniU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

These things ebb and flow over time. I remember reading Overstreet guides 30 years ago talking about certain genres being soft or dead and then a couple years later some of these same genres were hot again

Nice haul!

Gotta love the cover to Ghosts 11! :headbang:

It's absolutely "one" of my favorite early Ghosts covers (it's hard to hate any of them)....my 9.8 from bobcat.enterprises back on eBay was a very nice (and hard fought) victory....QP is near perfect too.

Ghosts #111 CGC 9.8 White Pages

Nice haul!

It's absolutely "one" of my favorite early Ghosts covers (it's hard to hate any of them)....my 9.8 from bobcat.enterprises back on eBay was a very nice (and hard fought) victory....QP is near perfect too.

That's a truly amazing copy Sterling! One of the best out there! (worship)

Nice haul!

That's a truly amazing copy Sterling! One of the best out there! (worship)

That's a stunning copy of a very cool cover Sterling. :headbang:

^ It's the reason why I got suckered into collecting that series, despite the precipitous decline both in covers, story and art in the later issues.

Just a quick reminder on a few Kickstarter Horror items that I invested in. Crypt of Screams has 3-4 days and Untold has ~10 days left. The Crypt of Screams is fully funded (by 300%) and looks awesome, if not mature. COS is pure anthology while Untold is an ongoing story / plot.

The Untold book looks more psychological driven....which should play out well over subsequent issues. I'm really digging the art style. There are still spots open if you want Vicks to do a sketch, as well as original art if that's your thing. I did some cameos (you'll be surprised) and the Dark Figure OA.

And both are 1st issues!

Untold - Kickstarter

Untold - Facebook

Crypt of Screams - Kickstarter

Check em out, throw em some money if inclined. Support those who create the content we love!

Later.