• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LEGO BATMAN - Will Arnett (Batman), Zach Galifianakis (Joker) (2/10/17)
1 1

77 posts in this topic

Will Arnett Talks 'The LEGO Batman Movie'; Teases 'Refreshing' Dynamic Between Batman and Joker

In an in-depth interview with Entertainment Weekly The Lego Movie BATMAN voice actor Will Arnett had a lot of things to say about the upcoming film based on his iteration of The Dark Knight.

"The returns kept coming back bigger and bigger, and we felt really good about the movie and were all out celebrating — everybody that was part of the team, the studio, the producers, the cast — and it was kind of tipped that night. ‘Alright, next up is Batman. And I was like, ‘What?! Really?’ They’re like, ‘Yeah man, let’s do it.’ That’s literally how it happened."

"When we were first finding the Batman voice and finding what was making us laugh the first time around, it took us a beat to wade through the different things we liked and found funny about each Batman. I tried to look at all of the Batmen. Now, I feel like I’m in a zone where I’m just really lucky that I’ve got all of these great guys who played Batman before me, and the comics before that, and I get to draw on this deep well and just mix and match."

"Zach and I had a really fun session a little while back. I’ve known Zach forever. The dynamic we landed on for Batman and the Joker that really works for us, I would describe as… refreshing. It’s a little bit surprising. It’s not what people are accustomed to with regards to these two characters. "