• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword (5/12/17)
2 2

47 posts in this topic

Charlie Hunnam & Jude Law Feature In First Two Stills From KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD

It's been delayed and retitled numerous times, but it looks like Warner Bros. has finally settled on a name and date for their upcoming Guy Ritchie-directed reimagining of the class King Arthur tale. The film's official title is King Arthur: Legend Of The Sword and it will arrive in theaters March 24, 2017 where it will face-off against Lionsgate's highly anticipated Power Rangers reboot. The film stars Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) as the titular King with Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) as his Guinevere.

8T5DwMg.jpg

David Beckham Will Have a Role in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword,' Charlie Hunnam Tells All

The 41-year-old retired soccer star will be showing off his acting skills in the upcoming action-adventure drama King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.

Charlie Hunnam, who plays King Arthur, recently confirmed at Comic-Con 2016 that David will be joining the cast.

“I thought [David] Beckham was a secret but I guess everyone’s talking about it now,” he told E! News. “Unless you just are tricking me and I’m the one that’s putting the secret out.”

That would be funny if the director was playing Hunnam.

lol

King Arthur New Release Date

Guy Ritchie's highly-anticipated film King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, starring Charlie Hunnam (who turned down Pacific Rim 2 because of his filming schedule) as the legendary character has been moved. King Arthur: Legend of The Sword has officially been pushed back from March 24 to Mother's Day weekend on May 12. Now the film will be going up against Mother/Daughter instead of Ryan Reynold's sci-fi thriller, Life.

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword has been pushed back multiple times and honestly, we'd really like to see the movie at some point in 2017!

Charlie Hunnam Wields Excalibur In Four Cool New Stills From KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD

After numerous delays, this May, we'll finally get to bear witness to Guy Ritchie's fresh take on the King Arthur legend with King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, which stars Charlie Hunnam (The Lost City of Z) in the lead role and Àstrid Bergès-Frisbey (Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides) as his lady love Guinevere.

Entertainment Weekly recently caught up with the director where they discussed a number of things about the upcoming film, but one of the most interesting topics came near the end when Ritchie was asked about the long-rumored possibility of a cinematic universe for the Knights of the Round Table. He remained relatively coy on the matter but did seem to suggest with his response, that if this one was a success, then more King Arthur-related films could still be heading our way in the not-so-distant future. "As much as anything, I enjoy the process of filmmaking. Going back to Sherlock was very fun. Going back into this would be great fun. I like the world. I like Charlie. I liked everyone I worked with. It’s just a world that I’d like to stay within for a while. It’s not like there aren’t enough stories to be told within the mythology of Arthur and all of the characters within it with Merlin, with the sword, with Guinevere, with Lancelot. There are lots of untapped narrative still to be dealt with."

FXQLUvi.jpg

sX9GA9f.jpg

New trailer due out tomorrow.

New Footage From KING ARTHUR: LEGEND OF THE SWORD Ahead Of Tomorrow's Trailer

149085.jpg

If you've been waiting to see something new from Guy Ritchie's King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, the trailer tease below contains some very interesting new shots from the film.

While the first trailer definitely hinted that this take on the classic tale would contain some fantastical elements, fans were still concerned that Ritchie would attempt a more "grounded" version, much like Antoine Fuqua demystified 2004 movie.

King Arthur Twitter teaser trailer

I love the Arthurian legend.  Excalibur was my favorite medieval fantasy film for decades until Lord of the Rings came out.  I generally enjoyed the 2004 King Arthur film, particularly Stellan Skarsgard as the villain, but it paled to Excalibur.  The trailers for this one look worse than the 2004 film.

On 2/20/2017 at 3:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

Is it trying to be 'A Knight's Tale' or 'Excaliber'? It seems to have an identity crisis right now.

Looks more "Knights Tale" to me.  I need more period ambiance, so the rock soundtrack took me out of the mood.

8 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I love the Arthurian legend.  Excalibur was my favorite medieval fantasy film for decades until Lord of the Rings came out.  I generally enjoyed the 2004 King Arthur film, particularly Stellan Skarsgard as the villain, but it paled to Excalibur.  The trailers for this one look worse than the 2004 film.

Looks more "Knights Tale" to me.  I need more period ambiance, so the rock soundtrack took me out of the mood.

I liked Knights Tale, but wished that they had taken a more straight arrow approach to the source material.  I plan to skip this one...

Edited by piper

Actually, after adjusting the movie some and then a few test screenings feedback has been positive about this movie. And these latest small examples are coming across more period-piece than some of what we saw previously.

THAT'S FAR ENOUGH TV SPOT

WRONG MAN TV SPOT

TAKE IT TV SPOT

LIFE LESSONS TV SPOT

BOTH HANDS TV SPOT