• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped me Action Comics #1 Superman page, FedEx lost it, Help appreciated!
1 1

452 posts in this topic

Yup you are right but my opiinion goes a long way to the dealers that have wanted these books in the pgx holder for years they get the idea the can get more if the send to CGC.

I do say for resale and to get top dollor i made a bad choice but i can change that easy

Time machine? hm

Yup you are right but my opiinion goes a long way to the dealers that have wanted these books in the pgx holder for years they get the idea the can get more if the send to CGC.

I do say for resale and to get top dollor i made a bad choice but i can change that easy

Time machine? hm

Hey girl :headbang: you look like a young 007 now i like the old look better hm

They do look good right

:wishluck: you find the page (thumbs u

Shipping a Tec 27 Bat 1 Tec 1 was one of the reasons i drove 500 miles to pgx rather than ship to CGC .

I wanted a fast sale to buy a house cheap here in C.A.

I know CGC was the only name but NO place i went Fed x usps ups would insure the value and it would have meant high $$$ for fast grading 3 big books and shipping. :makepoint: Sorry for your problem with the page.

I'm having troubles understanding this post

I have a Tec 1 and 27 plus a Bat 1 you follow that. rantrant

I did not want to send the books thru the mail for the reason Wayne-Tec posted lost lost and lost. (tsk)

I drove to pgx 500 miles away to get them graded rather than take a chance of lost in the mail. Is that better :baiting:

MetalPSI (thumbs u

When you have that kind of books i guess you have an aproppiate insurance i mean something similar to art dealers and collectors

If you have 3 books like Batman 1, Detective 1 and 27...even if you do not have private insurance to cover them....using a carrier that will insure them for FMV and paying the higher cost for CGC or Voldemort grading makes infinitely more sense to me than saving money on cheaper grading costs by using PGX.

With the subpar market confidence in PGX, you are leaving muuuch more money on the table when the books are sold.

What Woowoo would have been better off doing would be to have subbed the 3 books through ComicLink (who would have subbed the books to CGC or Voldemort and fronted the cost)....then would have handled the sales of the 3 books for a 10% commission (13% if the buyer paid by CC)....not to mention, you get CL's discount on CGC/Voldemort grading fees.

Which is just what eBay would have charged....and you get the benefit of a trusted firm like CL, handling all aspects of listing & selling the books.

I understand not wanting to put out large chunks of cash in grading fees, but come on....PGX?

I have no issue with covering modern CGC fees myself bc the overhead/buy in in relation to return % on the investment is much better on moderns than (most) pre-1975 books...but Woowoo's reasoning is inherently flawed.

I have a couple dozen high grade BA/SA books ( mostly books with GPA sale points around $250-$400....some books that I have bought over 15+ years ago...back when it was possible to buy unpressed HG SA books at small cons for 50% off Overstreet..before CGC came into play and obliterated that possibility.

Unfortunately, I sold the best keys from those older buys I made, years ago before movie values exploded on them.....like an unpressed VF FF 48...unpressed Det 359 in VF....ugh.

When I do get around to dry cleaning and pressing the books I have left.....now that I've wised up....they will all be going to CL and the CGC fees will be covered by CL and paid out of my end, when each book sells.

This was 10 plus years ago. When it comes to Tec 1 and 27 the books where done early 80s and i wanted a fast sale to buy a house. I now would have the books redone by CCS than graded by CGC. I will say PGX put the grade on all 3 the same as i had them graded and i have been with big goldenage books for years.

(tsk) No house for you :tonofbricks: You still have the books :facepalm:

You haven't sent them to CGC yet :baiting:

Shipping a Tec 27 Bat 1 Tec 1 was one of the reasons i drove 500 miles to pgx rather than ship to CGC .

I know CGC was the only name but NO place i went Fed x usps ups would insure the value and it would have meant high $$$ for fast grading 3 big books and shipping. :makepoint: Sorry for your problem with the page.

I did not want to send the books thru the mail for the reason Wayne-Tec posted lost lost and lost. (tsk)

I drove to pgx 500 miles away to get them graded rather than take a chance of lost in the mail. Is that better :baiting:

MetalPSI (thumbs u

So ... you saved a bit on shipping and lost hugely on sales price - seems smart.

I agree with him that I would have never sent it to be shipped. I agree with you that I would have only had CGC certify those books. I would have taken a flight to Florida and done walk through.

MetalPSI (thumbs u

So ... you saved a bit on shipping and lost hugely on sales price - seems smart.

I agree with him that I would have never sent it to be shipped. I agree with you that I would have only had CGC certify those books. I would have taken a flight to Florida and done walk through.

I drink to much your right Buzzetta your eyes dont lie.

<a  href=jack-and-coke_zpszrnrnnjp.jpg' alt='jack

Depending on what condition those were, USPS registered mail insures up to $50K on each shipment, so you could have sent 3.

If it was more, I would have done walkthrough as well.

Ya walk thru would have been the way to go but getting all the money i could for a house fast was what i had to do as my #1.

I was told if the Tec 27 was redone today it would be a lot nicer so thats what i think i do but i have had the book so long its not a big deal to crack out or leave.

Still have them the Tec only got a 17 k bid back then.

Action 2 and 7 Cap 1 and lots others bit the dust and nothing but little money to show for it.

Edited by woowoo

Some updates on my situation:

-FedEx is still continuing their investigation, but have not found my package.

-I called the FedEx ship center it was shipped to and they have no packages for me.

-I requested the phone number for FedEx's security department and the CSR did not have the number, but forwarded my request to FedEx, letting them know that I wish to contact their security department.

I told them that if this package is not found, and if their security team is unable to discover who stole it, if it was stolen, that I would pursue a criminal investigation. I will not accept it being scanned into their Memphis hub, with no evidence of it ever leaving their facility, and walk away with an "it's lost" conclusion.

I had a ups driver live down the street from me for years . I saw her go in her house at lunch with boxes than 45 min later come out with them. It did not take me long to put it togeteher. I think with all the news on Action 1 its fair to say WOW when you read the label. I do think you will get this back since you are on top of it so hard.

I had a ups driver live down the street from me for years . I saw her go in her house at lunch with boxes than 45 min later come out with them. It did not take me long to put it togeteher. I think with all the news on Action 1 its fair to say WOW when you read the label. I do think you will get this back since you are on top of it so hard.

The question is, if the package does not resurface, what will happen then?

We know it arrived in Memphis, we also know there has been no evidence since of it ever leaving their Memphis hub. If their "final search" turns up nothing, how can they stop searching? If it got on a plane headed elsewhere, with no documentation of such an occurance, isn't the burden of proof on FedEx to prove it's no longer in Memphis?

Because if they can't do that, the only thing we can PROVE is that it entered their Memphis hub, meaning it's either still there (hence, how can they stop searching?) or it was stolen.

Either answer is unacceptable.

Edited by Wayne-Tec

Why on earth was this information posted where anyone could read it??

If a FedEx label falls off the box, I was told their protocol is to open those boxes to document their contents. If that happened, an employee would see the CGC slab and the Action #1 label.

If CGC listed "CGC" as the return address and an employee knew what CGC is, they could open the box themselves and steal the contents.

If FedEx is unable to locate my package within their Memphis hub after their "final search", can I request a criminal investigation and have the police search their hub for it? Because as of now, there is no evidence to suggest that it wasn't stolen and/or that it's still not in their Memphis facility.

To let Wayne-Tec know this stuff happens i have seen it myself. I cant think of any reason why she would bring boxes in her house than bring them out.