• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,704 posts in this topic

Perhaps this is symptomatic of a larger problem with how a vocal minority of people try to speculate on comics without ever reading them? I really don't feel bad for the people who fell for it (as they obviously got caught up in momentary hype), but the Linguini's of the world are culpable here. He should admit the mistake on his website rather than making the post disappear. He'd have more credibility that way.

He be pretty busy then. Messed up the Joker as Batman spec too.

And Comic Book Scalping is promoting Captain America # 310 as the 1st appearance of the Luke Cage Diamondback. Misinformation abounds:

https://comicbookscalping.com/2016/07/18/hollyweird-before-sdcc/

It's kinda hard to maintain accuracy through clouds of pot smoke

I doubt he will live it down for awhile.

Giant Size Defenders 3 I have been buying for awhile just whenever I see them for a few dollars.

Apparently buyers are realizing high grade is tough to find find ending sales are showing massive gaps for anything above VF+ grade for BINs. At first I thought those prices were just suckers buying on the wrong end, but it looks like at least about 7 or 8 sales now well over $100 in high grade.

Heck a 9.2 slabbed pulled over $300

Impressive sales for the past few Jimmy Olsen #134 high graded books.

9.4 +60% from last sale

8.5 +89%

Congrat on board-seller

Those are strong moves. But, if WWBN 32 can go for crazy money, JO 134 should too.

:eek:

Now there's a book I never expected to ever be worth anything. Don't get me wrong, I love War Is Hell #9, but that's because War Is Hell is a great series and that issue is the first appearance of John Kowalski.

I had my copy signed by Chris Claremont last year and he looked at me like I had two heads when I asked him to sign it instead of the millionth copy of Wolverine #1 or whatever.