• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 50 Year Junk Obsession
9 9

4,504 posts in this topic

Good show as always RM! I'm still waiting for that' Funny Animal Bondage Cover' subset :taptaptap::baiting: , but in the meantime, here's my contribution for today's. Fox Features goodness. Love how the early logo on this title looks so 'kid done' lol

Zoot%20Comics%203_zps13rm7wwc.jpg

Edited by Sagii

wdcs_030.jpg

Oh, VERY nice! I've owned just about the whole run of this title several times but never seen that one! Thanks for your patronage!

+1 :applause: Nice one Andrew, never really noticed it before.

I've had one of these for ages and no just arrived in the mail today. What a weird concept. Are there any more?

comfight34_zpsf3jdxzuw.jpg

comthrilling38_zps3h7opwg1.jpg

I'm pretty sure that there are, although I can't think of them off hand. It is odd. I wonder if it's based on an actual incident or rumors of an actual incident?

Had a very fun day with a boardie yesterday.

A few weeks ago, the boards very own Adam Strange contacted me and asked if he could come by the junk pile while he was in town for SDCC. We agreed on yesterday.

I have always admired his collection and posts and figured he was a straight up guy so I said come on over.

Waiting for him to show up I was wondering what to show him. As you know by now, although I do have some high grade comics most of my collection is how you say, "lower grade". I had some trepidation but that quickly left once we started talking.

I showed him some stuff, I have displayed in the house and then asked him if he wanted to go into "the room" (as my wife calls it).

It was then that I realized he didn't care about seeing my comics at all. We spent about 4 hours looking at toys, premiums and comic related stuff but basicaly no comics.

He showed me some simply amazing books he bought at the show and some he brought with him for show and tell. No bragging or boasting. He just has a wonderful appreciation for the medium like I do.

Sorry, we took no pictures to share because we are both a bit camera shy..

Had a wonderful time Alan. You are welcome back anytime. I realized after you left all the stuff I forgot to drag out. And, next time I'm back on the east coast for Brimfield or something, I'll take you up on your offer!

Thanks for having me over! (worship)

I'm always up for looking at comics but anyone that has seen this threads knows what wonderful toys, robots and premiums that Robotman has scrounged up. For my first visit I was hoping to see a sampling of these and boy did he deliver! Any collector would be happy to have just a handful of these items and he display cases full of them.

R-man also brought out a box of pedigree comics to share and there sure were some sweet copies, including a couple Ajax war comics that he just posted in the War thread. They were both very red. :cloud9:

I hope that this is just the first visit. :wishluck:

P.S. Nelson Dodds was the dealer for the Ohio collection whom neither of us could recall.

Saw Steve's great purchase of this More Fun and thought you guys might want to see what makes it so cool. I used to have quite a few pre-hero DC's but most of them bored me so I sold them off. I did keep a few including this. First Dr. Occult in costume (Supe prototype)

commorefun1936a_zpsjsw4yzyy.jpg

commorefun1936b_zpsouvsg9cf.jpg

commorefun1936c_zpsnu6skneo.jpg

Been a little busy with life recently and am just getting around to doing this one.

Last week was a rough one for me. We lost Jack Davis... Growing up in the early 1960's, he was a staple to my childhood without me not even knowing it. His art was on everything that every kid thought so cool.

I thought I would post some stuff a little different than what has been shown in tribute.

With Jack now gone, I can only think of a couple of EC alumni still with us. Marie Severin and Angelo Torres. Make a point to thank them if they ever show up at a show. I know I have.

RIP Jack and say Hi to the "Usual Gang of insufficiently_thoughtful_persons" for me.

Edited by Robot Man

First up is a cool pair of Dells. These are Four Color issues that he did in the early '60's. All Davis cover to cover. His attempt at a MAD Magazine imitator. Great art and content full of period Beatnik humor. VERY highly recomended!

comyakyak1_zpsfe4wdw5b.jpg

comyakyak2a_zpsxn2l1u2n.jpg

comyakyak2b_zpsl50rritc.jpg

Oh, yes, let's not forget gum cards,., These were a staple of my allowance money. In addition to Mars Attacks, Civil War News and others, I loved these. Especially the "You'll Die Laughing" monster ones. I've almost got complete sets of all of these. These are from 4 different sets.

"You'll Die Laughing"

jackdavismonstercards_zpsefs40kty.jpg