• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING starring Tom Holland (7/28/17)
3 3

1,648 posts in this topic

Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer Shown At Comic-Con

During the Marvel Panel at 2016 San Diego Comic-Con, fans were treated to some surprise footage from Spider-Man: Homecoming. The footage probably won't be released online anytime soon, so we've compiled a description of the footage below.

Clip starts with Tony Stark (Robert Downey, Jr.) and Peter Parker (Tom Holland) meeting in Civil War. It shows Spidey's best moments from the airport fight. Finally, the after-credits scene of his new communicator/webshooter. Tons of applause, and Tom Holland hits the stage. Director John Watts joined him. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige thanked Amy Pascal from Sony for "making this happen, because putting everything else aside, this was what was best for Spider-Man."

"The MCU is a pretty cool universe to live in!" Watts said. "This is a high school movie. We're going to learn what it's like to have just finished going through puberty, being in the tenth grade." Clip time! Some of the high school stuff.

Did they cast The Vulture? Haven't been following things. Has Jason Statham come up?

Michael Keaton is the Vulture.

They confirmed the cast. I don't think they confirmed Michael Keaton as The Vulture yet.

Official Spider-Man: Homecoming Cast & Synopsis

A young Peter Parker/Spider-Man (Tom Holland), who made his sensational debut in Marvel Studios' Captain America: Civil War, begins to navigate his newfound identity as the web-slinging superhero in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Cast: Tom Holland (In the Heart of the Sea), Michael Keaton (Batman, Birdman), Zendaya (K.C. Undercover), Donald Glover (The Martian, Community), Jacob Batalon (North Woods), Laura Harrier (One Life to Live), Tony Revolori (The Grand Budapest Hotel), Tyne Daly (Cagney and Lacey), Bokeem Woodbine (Fargo), with Marisa Tomei (My Cousin Vinny, The Wrestler), and Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man, The Avengers).

THE NICE GUYS Breakout Star Angourie Rice Joins The Cast Of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

zj0niowras.jpg

We thought the Spider-Man: Homecoming cast had finally filled out, but now THR reports that 15-year-old Angourie Rice will also make an appearance in the Marvel/Sony reboot, following her highly praised turn in Shane Black's The Nice Guys.

Her exact role is being kept under wraps, but some recent set snaps seem to confirm that the rest of the younger cast members are playing Peter Parker's (Tom Holland) high-school pals, so there's a decent chance Rice will be too. The question is, will that character be someone familiar to comic fans?

Gwen?

For fun, I'm gonna guess Rice will be playing Liz Allen since Peter didn't meet Gwen & Harry until his college days in ASM.

Not that the cinematic universe will adhere to the Marvel Comic cannon, since they haven't in the past...

Michael Keaton looks like the Vulture already - I fully support this :applause:

It looks like Keaton is getting type cast as avian based heroes/villans. Batman, Birdman, Vulture, whats next? Blue Falcon?

:)

Edited by mediajunkie

It looks like Keaton is getting type cast as avian based heroes/villans. Batman, Birdman, Vulture, whats next? Blue Falcon?

He will be Condorman in the remake. :devil:

Wow I remember seeing that one back in the day when it came out. lol.

He will be Condorman in the remake. :devil:

Wow I remember seeing that one back in the day when it came out. lol.

I remember liking it but if I saw it again today I would :facepalm: kind of like Greatest American Hero.

Vulture now officially confirmed as new movie villain Vulture movie villain

I agree with the one comment from the link that too much technology is involved in the villains. The Rhino was a joke and the Vulture looks like Acroyear. Not to mention Defoe's armored Goblin.

It should be fine if it's in the Doc Ock vein. It's all in the casting and execution....

-J.