• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Store from start to finish
1 1

132 posts in this topic

Dunno about the hygiene but yeah, a available girl is always a bonus.

What kind are they bringing in? See what their tastes are and try to one up it.

Personally I'd get a liquor license and be drunk in my store all the time, but that's just me lol

I don't think you need a license if you're the only one drinking, also assuming you're not selling it.

Honestly, buy a few containers of candy and snacks, they'll buy...

already have them, they don't buy.

they bring their own snacks

get a cute girl (but not too cute, don't want to scare them) at the cashier. It will improve your candy sales and the general hygiene of the D&D crowd...

can i conduct the interviews for this position? :hi:

get a cute girl (but not too cute, don't want to scare them) at the cashier. It will improve your candy sales and the general hygiene of the D&D crowd...

can i conduct the interviews for this position? :hi:

What would the positions be for the interview?

Your store looks really nice. Do you have open free play? Also, there are times you can run into D&D players looking for space.

we do have free play, we don't charge if you play in our store if thats what you mean. anytime anyone wants to play, i let them.

we already have a D&D group that comes in every other sunday. 7 people so far.

its nice to have that many people in the store but D&D people dont spend money.

at least my D&D people don't.

all good though/

So if you give them a free place to play anytime, what do you get out of it? It's an awesome thing that you let them hang out, but I'm just curious.

Your store looks really nice. Do you have open free play? Also, there are times you can run into D&D players looking for space.

we do have free play, we don't charge if you play in our store if thats what you mean. anytime anyone wants to play, i let them.

all good though/

So if you give them a free place to play anytime, what do you get out of it? It's an awesome thing that you let them hang out, but I'm just curious.

The best thing about ccg gaming is that they are upkeep games. Decks will always change and new decks are always built. If a store has an ample supply of cards you could make a lot of money selling singles. I did in my store. As people are playing they will buy cards and snacks, if you have them. As long as people are comfortable in your store they will be the ones who buy boxes, packs, single cards, and attend your tournaments.

all good though/

as far as D&D goes, I get nothing out of it.

they bring their own snacks, they buy supplies online for cheaper.

some people tell me that D&D people also play magic but not the ones that play here. they just play d&d

I hear that it's pretty standard with all d&d people though. which is why it's considered a basement game. no stores want them in because they are cool as people but they are trash as customers.

all good though/

some people tell me that D&D people also play magic but not the ones that play here. they just play d&d

I hear that it's pretty standard with all d&d people though. which is why it's considered a basement game. no stores want them in because they are cool as people but they are trash as customers.

Charge them a small fee to play there. Something that won't scare them off, but makes it at least a little worthwhile to you. They are using your electricity, heat/AC, garbage, wear/tear on your fixtures etc.

all good though/

The trick my Pathfinder Society players (D&D game you can take your character anywhere and play it) instituted and has now expanded to all my RPG games in the store is anyone who buys anything in the store can use their receipt for one free reroll during the game. Does wonders for getting them to spend money.

all good though/

Glad things are going well! I agree, you would think the D&D guys would at least buy snacks. I think I would feel like I need to buy a comic every week when I was in there for using the space...at the very least. Either way though, really cool of you to let them play. It could always lead to more sales.

thats like bringing McDonalds into Dennys and sitting all night.No outside food or drink!

What is 9-9? :)
Yeah. 9 am to 9pm.
Opening my store in a few months and figured i would document the process as i have time.

Opening my store in a few months and figured i would document the process as i have time.

See more journals by jtufu

Congrats on choosing to open a store. My kids want to open one and in just under two years we have built up to around 30 long boxes and I am going to donate all of my toys, 500+ trades/novels, gaming cards, games, Lego collection, etc. My son also has a room full of collectibles to add. We will keep adding to it each year until ready to open.I hope all works out well for you.
Thanks buddy. Its pretty easy to get long boxes. Last bulk buy i had was 80 long boxes. At $7 a long box. If he wants to open a store, he sounds like he already has enough. Tell him to just do it.
9 am to 9 pmthat's how a lot of small business owners have to do it
None of the comic/gaming places around here open until 10:00 a.m. or later. Of course, that means you're there before 10:00 a.m. Stores without gaming tables close at 7:00 p.m., +/- an hour. Some are either closed Sundays (not recommended) or have reduced hours (open at noon, close at 5:00 p.m.). So the question is, will you have gaming tables?
My store hours are going to be 10-8 pm.Ill have gaming tables to start and add more gaming stuff as i go along, more tables chairs etc. My work hours are different than the store hours. Im used to 12 hour days/7 days a week/365 days a year, working with my wife. Her mother is korean and doesnt believe in anything less than a 12 hour work day. There is always work to do when you own your own business. As she would say, "if you not working 12 hours in a day, 365 days a year, you poor.". She told me that the first day i worked at my wife's store.
I thought you wanted time with your son.

haven't had an update in a while.

had sort of a soft opening.

haven't gotten any new stuff from diamond yet. just got my account last week actually.

The purpose of opening a store front was for buying collections mainly and I bought my first collection last week.

33 long boxes of stuff.

looked through 5 long boxes and did not see anything worth much before making an offer of $350 but closed the deal at $420.

included 2 small boxes of toys.

the next day I went through the boxes and pulled out 4 long boxes of better stuff.

out of the 4 long boxes of stuff I pulled out half a short box of the best stuff.

NM 98, Preacher 1, TOS 57, Brave and the bold 29, alias 1, NM 87, and other keys that I can't really remember right now. Was a nice buy.

bought some transformers the day after.

just really tired. been here everyday for weeks but its really fun.

I'm looking for job, hire me!

I thought you were rich. You traveled to Japan, Orlando, San Diego and etc.

1 1