• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,751 posts in this topic

17tcxu.jpg

Make America Print Again?

So this book sold for me like hot cakes last week in my sale thread. I think I sold 15 copies and could have easily sold more.

I went back to some online shops to buy some more and they had either sold out or they had raised the price by 200% and then they still sold out. Currently a Canadian seller has any copies for sale and he has old 1/2 of them already.

The print run for the book was 5.2K and the artist had a pretty strong loyal following.(I think there is a 2nd print too) It has no movie news, no TV news, and continues to sell for an indy title. Issue 2 dropped down to around 3k so you can see some speculator involvement. The print run for issue 20 though was 5.5K so its increasing readership which is rare in this current market.

Some of us have mentioned this book before, but I was just surprised by the data I found out after I sold my copies in my sale thread. (I have since picked up some copies again since in field trip the other day.)

There around I think 9 total variants of issue 1 and there was also a Mini Series before that sells very well and before that and even an issue or 2 before that is impossible to find.

In a lot ways it reminds me of Hack Slash, but with an artist that has stronger loyal following. Check it out now because it wont stay cheap much longer. Scour your local shops(That I haven't been too already. :devil: and find a copy.)

Now back to packing comics.

KlHHZf5l.jpg

Edited by Fastballspecial

At San Diego Comic Con's Diamond Retailer Lunch Friday, they had 500 give away bags with, according to the Diamond Rep, the exact same comics in each bag.

That's 500 copies of DC Rebirth 1:100 Sketch Variant and

500 copies of Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad April Fool's Special 1:50 Variant

That's far more than a bump to the next case total.

At San Diego Comic Con's Diamond Retailer Lunch Friday, they had 500 give away bags with, according to the Diamond Rep, the exact same comics in each bag.

Chuck Gower is shorter than me. Plus, he lives in Terre Haute.

(I googled it. It means "highland.")

A lot of that goes on there!

I think I never googled it because I figured I'd be disappointed that whatever it meant wouldn't be as cool as just saying 'Terre Haute'.

Though... Having lived in a flood plain for most of my life, I guess it is kinda cool. lol.

I think I never googled it because I figured I'd be disappointed that whatever it meant wouldn't be as cool as just saying 'Terre Haute'.

Though... Having lived in a flood plain for most of my life, I guess it is kinda cool. lol.

Do you have a public library?

Do you have a public library?

Well of course!

Since the dust is settling a bit now, which books do you guys think were the big winners from SDCC?

It seems like a lot more sold out that years previously... Black Mask is the new Image!

+1

They are telling some good stories, and they have very diverse mix of books available right now.