• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stan Lee Signatures

29 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone knows if Stan Lee will sign other merchandise besides comics? I'm asking because I have a rare marvel replica prop that I would love to have Stan Lee sign. I'm fairly new to the comic collecting so I wasn't sure since I haven't had anything signed by Stan Lee yet. I know it can't be graded but that would be okay with me.

Thanks Everyone.

Edited by LanaiHaole

Sorry to high jack this thread, does Stan Lee personalize or write Excelsior or does he charge extra for that as well? Lastly, will he sign with something other than sharpie if you give it to him to use on your items?

He charges extra to write "Excelsior!"

Also he usually has a variety of different color sharpies on hand. From experience, his signature looks best in black...

Sorry to high jack this thread, does Stan Lee personalize or write Excelsior or does he charge extra for that as well? Lastly, will he sign with something other than sharpie if you give it to him to use on your items?

Also he usually has a variety of different color sharpies on hand. From experience, his signature looks best in black...

How much extra?

How about personalization?

How much extra?

How about personalization?

He used to charge 1 signature fee per each extra word. So if his signature is $100, it would cost you $200 to have his signature and the word "Excelsior!"

This wasn't even an option at the cons I've been to. You get a sig and that's it.

This wasn't even an option at the cons I've been to. You get a sig and that's it.

Wasn't an option at fan expo a couple years back either. Heck I was rushed along so fast He didn't even have time to raise his head or say hello back to me. It's kinda sad.

If you ask to use something other than a sharpie, they are quite accommodating and as mentioned the sigs are also a little easier to read.

Will be seeing him for the first time at Comic Con Palm Springs Aug 26-28. Planning on getting him sign my Amazing Spider-Man 300. What would you suggest I have him sign it with, if not a sharpie?

If you ask to use something other than a sharpie, they are quite accommodating and as mentioned the sigs are also a little easier to read.

Will be seeing him for the first time at Comic Con Palm Springs Aug 26-28. Planning on getting him sign my Amazing Spider-Man 300. What would you suggest I have him sign it with, if not a sharpie?

Depends on what he is signing, if it wasn't a busy cover maybe a extra fine sharpie or even better Sakura Pigma Micron (archival ink), with a busier cover like ASM 300 I have switched over to Sharpie Extreme's Fine only (better pigment and more fade resistant). I won't touch Metallic's they are very inconsistent and with how hard Stan pushes down, they tend to look washed out. I also like Sakura Pentouch Paint Pen if you want a metallic sig (archival and acid free paint), they also look very sharp on books, but with Stan I would be wary of paint as well. On HC books or the splash page of a comic I tend to have him sign with the Pigma Micron or a pen (uni ball jetsream or Bic pro+), don't like the look of a sharpie inside a book.

I hope that helps.

I apply all of these strategies with celeb autographs and a lot of the same info is available on those and the sports autograph forums. which have been doing this longer than us in the comic forum. Also, not only do I want something that is sharp, but will have some longetivity and reduced fading over time.

Depends on what he is signing, if it wasn't a busy cover maybe a extra fine sharpie or even better Sakura Pigma Micron (archival ink), with a busier cover like ASM 300 I have switched over to Sharpie Extreme's Fine only (better pigment and more fade resistant). I won't touch Metallic's they are very inconsistent and with how hard Stan pushes down, they tend to look washed out. I also like Sakura Pentouch Paint Pen if you want a metallic sig (archival and acid free paint), they also look very sharp on books, but with Stan I would be wary of paint as well. On HC books or the splash page of a comic I tend to have him sign with the Pigma Micron or a pen (uni ball jetsream or Bic pro+), don't like the look of a sharpie inside a book.

I hope that helps.

I apply all of these strategies with celeb autographs and a lot of the same info is available on those and the sports autograph forums. which have been doing this longer than us in the comic forum. Also, not only do I want something that is sharp, but will have some longetivity and reduced fading over time.

Thanks for the advice Canuck!

Wasn't an option at fan expo a couple years back either. Heck I was rushed along so fast He didn't even have time to raise his head or say hello back to me. It's kinda sad.

Same experience for me, twice, but it's what I expected given the demand. Both times I thanked him for his contributions to literature and he kind of chuckled. It makes me wonder if he sees his work as literary contributions - which I very much do.

Luckily, I was able to get an actual question in at a panel.