• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,221 posts in this topic

Not a PCH book by any means but one of the later "creepy" superhero covers I picked up from Harley while leaving the SDCC today.

0841691c6299c7b654735fa89c68850a101cf842.jpeg

This is one of those "owned it before and needed to reacquire it" so happy to have it back in the collection.

Picked up a couple of EC's, two of which have been on my radar for awhile, and a Crimes By Women that I've wanted longer;

2wevq0i.jpg

5xilb4.jpg

2n1g6ep.jpg

2e4hl48.jpg

Love the WS #20 fifties. That "50 Girls 50" is one of my favorite EC stories and what a great Woody cover!

I just got this. My earliest comic book so far. 1936-80 years old :o

I know many people have Platinum/GA books of this age in incredible condition, but I do not because I'm not in that league. When I get a book of this age in good solid all around condition, which I can read and enjoy it blows me away.

Back in 1936 you certainly got a lot of value for your dime. These FF books are absolutely crammed with all kinds of stuff, there is something for everyone in these issues, it really is an eclectic mix of stories and articles. :cloud9:

64 pages as well :)

1936%20FAM%20FUN%20036-57.50c_zpsfa7rbjjb.jpg

1936%20FAM%20FUN%20036-57.50d_zpsnxz8wduc.jpg

1936%20FAM%20FUN%20036-57.50f_zpsi6vkflfd.jpg

1936%20FAM%20FUN%20036-57.50g_zpsuxpdhe1t.jpg

1936%20FAM%20FUN%20036-57.50e_zpsjrqcqkte.jpg

Back in 1936 you certainly got a lot of value for your dime. These FF books are absolutely crammed with all kinds of stuff, there is something for everyone in these issues, it really is an eclectic mix of stories and articles. :cloud9:

Nice snag! There were some titles that had 64 pages up to a few years after the war. And they were bought with Silver dimes...:wink:

Nice snag! There were some titles that had 64 pages up to a few years after the war. And they were bought with Silver dimes...:wink:

Thanks. I'm English btw, what's a silver dime? Is that the same as a regular one?

Yup, old 30's books like this echo a different era and are really fun - I love 'em. :)

You got great value for your money and the paper used was awesome for the day!

Thanks. I'm English btw, what's a silver dime? Is that the same as a regular one?

No.

US coin mintage for dimes, quarters, halves, and dollars was manufactured with 90% silver content until I believe 1965, when they changed to "cupro-clad", using other metals. The dimes minted from 1964 and earlier are currently worth about $1.41 for their silver and copper content (melt value).

No.

US coin mintage for dimes, quarters, halves, and dollars was manufactured with 90% silver content until I believe 1965, when they changed to "cupro-clad", using other metals. The dimes minted from 1964 and earlier are currently worth about $1.41 for their silver and copper content (melt value).

(thumbs u

^ Couple a good scores there, Jimmers! The first two stories in Eerie -with supernatural beings, graphic bludgeoning and blood-letting, murder, etc., are what PCH is all about, eh eh!

Hi all, just wondering how rare is The Magazine is Haunted #3? Does it command a premium due to it's scarcity?

IIRC there was talk about that either in this thread or in the undead thread a few months ago. General concensus was that it's the scarcest of the run and yes, usually fetches pretty big $$ compared to OPG. But then OPG is pretty far off about PCH these days relative to what they actually sell for, IMHO.

Hi all, just wondering how rare is The Magazine is Haunted #3? Does it command a premium due to it's scarcity?

IIRC there was talk about that either in this thread or in the undead thread a few months ago. General concensus was that it's the scarcest of the run and yes, usually fetches pretty big $$ compared to OPG. But then OPG is pretty far off about PCH these days relative to what they actually sell for, IMHO.

It's also highly prone to major spine splitting, as are some other Fawcetts from that month, presumably resulting in fewer complete copies still floating around.

You bet your sweet patooty it does. I have the full run of that title, sans #3. On the few times it has become available on eBay it gets a huge bump. The last auction I saw there was for a coverless copy, for which I think I had bid 50 bucks, and still got outbid, and by more than one bidder.