• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC shipped me Action Comics #1 Superman page, FedEx lost it, Help appreciated!
1 1

452 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm looking for any help/advice I can get on this one.

I recently bought an Action Comics #1 Superman page. When I first received it, the old CGC slab had cracked, so I immediately sent it back out to CGC to be re-holdered. I opted to have it shipped to a FedEx ship center because A) I didn't want it left on my porch or sitting around at the local, humid, post office and B) I've had bad experiences with USPS losing packages in the past.

How ironic.

FedEx has since lost my package that was shipped via FedEx Standard Overnight.

Upon first receiving the page in the original slab cracked, I printed out a CGC submission form right there at their ship center and foolishly overlooked the note that when CGC ships packages back to you via FedEx, it will only be covered up to $100. I just assumed that it would be insured on CGC's end. My mistake, and it was a big one. Had I realized that it would only be insured for up to $100, I would have never selected that service.

My package was shipped by CGC on Monday (7/18/16) and was supposed to be delivered Tuesday (7/19/16). Through FedEx tracking, there are no updates since Monday night, when it was said to have arrived in Memphis, Tennessee.

I called FedEx to open up an investigation, they said it will probably be about 24 hours before they get back to me.

Please, any advice anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Not only did I spend a ton of money to buy this page, but it's irreplaceable. The classic image of Superman breaking through the chains, it all began on that page.

Now it's missing. Please tell me there is hope.

1_zpscidp2b6i.jpg

2_zpsii4cvwzi.png

Do you have collectibles insurance, they insure it for you if it goes fedex

That sucks but if it's still in transit then it could be delivered

What's bad is when they say it's delivered but it is not

Edited by Doc Joe

I've had several packages over the years that were supposed to delivered on a certain day that did not come. Many times the tracking # would provide no updates to the package status for days. Then, several days later, it shows up again with the tracking # and it's "on truck for delivery". So, since it's only been a couple days, I'd say there is certainly still a chance your package will be back on route.

Good luck. (thumbs u

Memphis is a big hub. I once had a book get routed from Memphis to the wrong city. It then got shipped back to Memphis and then to me. I can't remember if the misroute was tracked online but I do remember being concerned for a couple, three days. IMO, Fedex is the best carrier. I have a feeling it will show up for you. However, PLEASE, get yourself some CIA insurance. Then you never have to worry about buying insurance on a package again.

I agree; it is probably too early to say it's lost. I had a Fedex package that went from "estimated delivery today" to "pending" and then it ended up coming the next day. I have never really heard of a Fedex package getting lost -- I'm sure it's somewhere, and signature is required, so the fact that it doesn't show as "delivered" is a good sign.

I feel a lot better that it says arrived at Fed Ex Facility as last update instead of just picked up, in transit or delivered. Even though you are stressing like we all would, there is a good chance it is not lost yet! Hope they find it soon.

Thank you all for the positive encouragement.

If it was sent via FedEx ground, I wouldn't be shocked to see it lost for a few days. What I'm most nervous about is that this package was shipped Monday via OVERNIGHT shipping, and it's days late with no updates.

Memphis is the main shipping hub but this does not look good for you....sorry to say it!! FeDex rarely ever mess up on delivery dates.

Quite a few people have non stop aggravation with Fed Ex in my area. I guess it is where you are.

Ugh, sorry to hear this! Fingers crossed for you man. I will say, we've all been in some variant of this situation -- these things seem to (eventually) work out more often than not.

I just got off the phone with FedEx, again.

The first person I spoke with, a customer service representative, went through their computer database to look through packages that had labels fall off, get burnt, etc. Their protocol, as I was told, is to then open the packages and document their contents. The service rep found nothing matching: "comic book", "comic page" or "CGC."

I asked to speak with the supervisor.

I was told that if one of their employees stumbled upon the contents of my package, and recognized what it was (a Superman page from the most valuable comic book in existence) and had the intent to steal, that the employee would have made "quite the haul." In short, it's possible it could have been stolen.

Although he stressed the fact that the package has only been unaccounted for since Monday, it is never reassuring to hear a supervisor acknowledge that one of their own employees could have taken it, much less, express that such a find would be "quite the haul."

Edited by Wayne-Tec

Hope it turns up. I'm not a big fan of FedEx. I've had my fair share of problems with them over the years (mostly work related, not comics).

If it was stolen (I don't think this is the case) there is a decent chance you might still recover it. It's fairly unique and could be a tough sell if you get the word out to enough people to be on the lookout for it.

Keep your head up sir. I have experienced the worst of the worst with FedEx, UPS and USPS including horror stories of comics, sports cards and even gold coins going MIA. The worst case was with the USPS in which a few gold coins went missing in route. The package was insured and I was made whole. Almost 2 years to the day afterwards I had a package delivered to me in a another state (had moved for work and only had a few weeks left in my forwarding of mail/packages from the prior address) and it was the original package of gold coins. The package was in perfect mailing condition and all I could think was WTF 2 years?? When I went to check the tracking # I saw it had went live a few days prior out of California ( went MIA out of Texas going to Ohio so how in the hell it popped back up in Cali is beyond me).

There is always hope it just got mistakenly sat aside or feel aside and you will see it delivered this week.

Relax, I've worked for them for over a decade. Sometimes packages get rerouted. You'll get it : )

They are they safest shipping solution around

How abnormal is it, in your experience, for an overnight package to be unaccounted for for 2-3 days with no updates?

What typically happens in these situations?