• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bugs Bunny / Looney Tunes first appearances help
4 4

1,066 posts in this topic

What's that? You say I have to bring some brand new scans to the discussion as well?

Fine, here's the other two books I have from the first 14 months of the title, since I've already shown 5 and 6 in this thread:

LTMM008_zpscw7hccu0.jpg

LTMM011_zpsgjc8xuad.jpg

I've actually got 15-25 complete, I'll see if I can get a few of those scanned in the next day or two.

Right, since everybody is joining the fun right now, I'll post a few that I already had scanned and shared in other threads way back when:

My first wartime comic. Not just the first Looney Tunes, but my first ever. Had it for close to 30 years now:

LTMM48_zpsa6fbd272.jpg

And a few other random issues I found floating in my bucket:

LT_139_zps81c7b5ba.jpg

LT_154_zps5541f72b.jpg

LT_146_zps693f6511.jpg

This period of the run had some cool covers too. Nice copies Eric! (thumbs u

What's that? You say I have to bring some brand new scans to the discussion as well?

Fine, here's the other two books I have from the first 14 months of the title, since I've already shown 5 and 6 in this thread:

LTMM008_zpscw7hccu0.jpg

LTMM011_zpsgjc8xuad.jpg

I've actually got 15-25 complete, I'll see if I can get a few of those scanned in the next day or two.

and of course, it's hard to beat early Tunes :applause::applause:

Sure is. :applause:

Here's an oddity: a Bugs-less cover in the run - # 22 -

LTMM%2022_zpsmwknamnc.jpg

All these summer themed covers are.....HOT :D

And Marty, never. Your oo run of the title is special.

The only issue in my collection that has SNIFFLES on the cover...are there any others?

:applause: Cool one Marty, one of the best in the run. Yes he was featured on LT&MM #'s 4, 12 and 14.

He's also on the super rare 'Famous Gang Book of Comics' Firestone Christmas promo cover (which later morphed into the Donald and Mickey X-Mas series)with Bugs and Co.

Sniffles also appeared on these covers:

# 68 -

LTMM%2068_zpsl8aiufow.jpg

and # 75 -

LTMM%2075_zpsbb72hlx1.jpg

Marty, I'm having a grand time going through my LTMM box so thanks for starting the scanning!

Here are a couple more whose covers I enjoy -

# 79 -

LTMM%2079_zpsow1nfopm.jpg

and # 80 - Remind me of that Hollywood-themed cover you posted recently

LTMM%2080_zpsmkppv8ef.jpg

The only issue in my collection that has SNIFFLES on the cover...are there any others?

:applause: Cool one Marty, one of the best in the run. Yes he was featured on LT&MM #'s 4, 12 and 14.

He's also on the super rare 'Famous Gang Book of Comics' Firestone Christmas promo cover (which later morphed into the Donald and Mickey X-Mas series)with Bugs and Co.

Sniffles also appeared on these covers:

# 68 -

LTMM%2068_zpsl8aiufow.jpg

and # 75 -

LTMM%2075_zpsbb72hlx1.jpg

:applause: Funny to note, how again, like Petunia , Sniffles rated in the comics making more GA covers than other more household name LT&MM stars. You, Marty and Other Eric have kept this thread on page one for its longest length of time since its inception (worship) Keep em' coming.

And, jumping ahead a bit, let's peek at the ending. Gold Key didn't continue the Looney Tunes title when they took over from Dell, and the series went away until the mid-70's. But that version did make it into the early 80's, and DC's version picked up mid-90's, so there have been Looney Tunes comic books every decade since the 40's. Even if I don't bother much with the Gold Key or DC versions, this fact makes me happy.

The last issue of the Dell run, July-September 1962:

LT_246_zpshvusizih.jpg

And then in October, Gold Key takes over the show:

BB_86_zpsme2blqw5.jpg

And, jumping ahead a bit, let's peek at the ending. Gold Key didn't continue the Looney Tunes title when they took over from Dell, and the series went away until the mid-70's. But that version did make it into the early 80's, and DC's version picked up mid-90's, so there have been Looney Tunes comic books every decade since the 40's. Even if I don't bother much with the Gold Key or DC versions, this fact makes me happy.

The last issue of the Dell run, July-September 1962:

LT_246_zpshvusizih.jpg

And then in October, Gold Key takes over the show:

BB_86_zpsme2blqw5.jpg

ditto on that fact too: they have been in continuous publication comic book form since the golden age in one form or another joining DC's big 3 and the Disney gang in that exclusive club.

That pink Beach Fun cover is a gem! And that last Dell issue cover has always been a fave. The business as usual expression on Bugs' face and Elmer like 'what the...?!?'

Just great stuff, and fun facts sir! (thumbs u

You, Marty and Other Eric have kept this thread on page one for its longest length of time since its inception (worship) Keep em' coming.

:taptaptap:

Chopped liver reporting for duty...

As well as the cover proof, I also have a complete copy of #33

LT_33.jpg

According to Treasury Direct, that bond (assuming issued in May 1942) would have required a purchase price of $75 !! (No mean amount of money at the time). Bond matured in 1982 with a value of $384.

Thanks for posting it, Mr. Chopped Liver.

You, Marty and Other Eric have kept this thread on page one for its longest length of time since its inception (worship) Keep em' coming.

:taptaptap:

Chopped liver reporting for duty...

As well as the cover proof, I also have a complete copy of #33

LT_33.jpg

Chopped liver, you've just been upgraded to NY Strip :D A fave of mine , as I sure you guys have seen my CGC 7.0 posted numerous times.