• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Briggs Land - Dark Horse - AMC tv show confirmed
1 1

70 posts in this topic

any thoughts on this? it comes out aug 17th and is said to be in talks with amc for a tv show deal

Dark Horse and Brian Wood are set to launch a new comic book series this summer titled "Briggs Land." Creator Brian Wood is also developing the book to become a television series at AMC.

"Briggs Land" follow the story of a crime drama set within a rural secessionist community. According to Wood, "It’s the culmination of everything I’ve done in my twenty years as a comics creator, bringing socially conscious and politically charged themes to the page, putting some of the more unsettling elements of American culture under scrutiny."

The series tells the story of Briggs Land, nearly a hundred square miles of rural wilderness that harbors the largest and most secretive anti-government secessionist movement in the United States. When matriarch Grace Briggs wrests control of the operation from her incarcerated husband, she sparks a war within the community—and her immediate family—that threatens to bring the full power of the federal government down on their heads.

A television series based on "Briggs Land" is also in development with Wood at AMC. "AMC and I have been looking for the right thing to work on together for years, and it finally came in the form of 'Briggs Land.' With AMC I have a much larger canvas to work on, and the ability to design the overall story so the TV show and the comic add to each other." AMC is no stranger to adapting comic books, as one of their most popular shows is "The Walking Dead." They are also set to launch "Preacher," which debuts this May.

The "Briggs Land" comic hits shelves on August 17 and will be written by Brian Wood, drawn by Mack Chater, colored by Lee Loughridge, with cover art by Tula Lotay.

7kLiOXr.jpg

Edited by will i am

:roflmao: It's all marketing fluff. Media announcements to hype & sell books.

It literally means nothing.

well, i don't see on every book that's for purchase everywhere that they are in talks with AMC to do a tv show about the book, it could be hype but i guess we will have to see.. i bought a few just in case and you might be laughing but i bet you bought some too haha

well, i don't see on every book that's for purchase everywhere that they are in talks with AMC to do a tv show about the book, it could be hype but i guess we will have to see.. i bought a few just in case and you might be laughing but i bet you bought some too haha

I haven't bought any. I know better.

I'll wait for the reviews to come in, first.

I haven't bought any. I know better.

I'll wait for the reviews to come in, first.

by then you'll be paying $10-20 a copy lol.. id rather buy a few at cover and win in the end vs buying AFTER it gets big, if it does, not saying it will but you never know my friend.. this isn't a debate i was just asking for thoughts on it tbh

I'll be buying it regardless because I am a fan of Brian Wood's work.

This x10. I really enjoyed Rebels, and as a history teacher I cannot get enough of these kinds of titles. And if it truly is optioned for TV, even better!

When they make a pilot all get excited.

im sure it wont be long

Come on think about what you just said. Its take a long time for all that to happen. You expectations are way too high here. Wait it out and see what happens. Or go hog wild and get stuck with a ton of books if it doesn't happen. That's up to u.

im sure it wont be long

Come on think about what you just said. Its take a long time for all that to happen. You expectations are way too high here. Wait it out and see what happens. Or go hog wild and get stuck with a ton of books if it doesn't happen. That's up to u.

Hog Wild +1

im sure it wont be long

Hog Wild +1

+2