• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PROBATION DISCUSSIONS
21 21

36,201 posts in this topic

I am nominating Fan Boy for inclusion to the Probation List:

6/3- 'purchased' some books in my $5 to $35 thread via :takeit:

6/4- PM'd him total w/ shipping

6/5- He claimed $ sent via PP; never arrived. He claimed sent to errant e-mail address and would re-send.

6/7- PM'd if he had re-sent. Claimed credit card issue due to earlier error.

6/15- PM'd him for an update. Read but no response.

6/22- PM'd 2nd request for an update. Never read, hasn't posted since that date.

7/5- sent PM notifying of potential inclusion to Probation List.

Edited by paperheart

6/5- He claimed $ sent via PP; never arrived. He claimed sent to errant e-mail address and would re-send.

6/22- PM'd 2nd request for an update. Never read, hasn't posted since that date.

sorry to hear. i know in dealing with him in the past, he doesn't read PMs or is on the boards much. hopefully it gets resolved soon

not making excuses for Fanboy just relating my similar experience with the PMs etc

Updated the list. (thumbs u

Updated the list. (thumbs u

Fan boy? He's a pretty good Joe. I can't imagine him trying to pull a fast one, maybe there really is an error in his card.

Maybe, but he didn't fix it. Easy enough to send a $30 check or use Paypal balance, or reload PayPal and to satisfy the obligation, then straighten things out with the credit card company later.

the power of the PL. (over)payment arrived. Fan Boy can be removed from the PL, personal list updated.

That is excellent news. I guess Fan Boy can speak for himself, but I confess I do not understand why one would (repeatedly) have their name dragged through the muck in the PL just as a prompt to make a payment. I guess this is the same question everyone always asks, but is that extra time really worth it when the end result is the diminishing returns of a damaged reputation?

the power of the PL. (over)payment arrived. Fan Boy can be removed from the PL, personal list updated.

That is excellent news. I guess Fan Boy can speak for himself, but I confess I do not understand why one would (repeatedly) have their name dragged through the muck in the PL just as a prompt to make a payment. I guess this is the same question everyone always asks, but is that extra time really worth it when the end result is the diminishing returns of a damaged reputation?

Sometimes life gets in the way, waiting for work check etc.

My opinion is someone shouldn't purchase anything unless they have cash in hand, but that's just me.

Sometimes life gets in the way, waiting for work check etc.

My opinion is someone shouldn't purchase anything unless they have cash in hand, but that's just me.

Agree with your second sentence unless other arrangements were agreed upon but really how hard is it to stay in communication and tap out a sentence or 2 letting the other party know what's going on if payment is going to be delayed. I'm sure most folks would be understanding.

I hate that it takes PL nominations to light a fire under people to complete a transaction. They all go on the personal list.

+1

This, period. (thumbs u

+2 It's the only responsible way to be

It often takes an eviction notice to prompt certain types of people to pay their rent or a shut-off notice for them to pay the electric bill. And those are kinda important things. I don't see why a non-essential thing like comics would be any different for people with that mentality.

I would like to make my first nomination to the PL.

Hitmonchan1

June 14: I purchased a raw Batman 189 described as VF

June 20: received the book. Packaging was fine. However, upon inspection I found the CF detached from the bottom staple and nearly detached from the top staple.

June 20: notified Seller and asked if he would refund in full. Seller said he would get it taken care of. Seller asked for more pics and whether I wanted a full or partial refund. He also instructed not to send the book back yet as he was out of the country.

June 21: I sent more pics and explained that I wasn't interested in a partial refund.

June 23: Seller requests I hold the book until he gets back to the states. I agree.

After June 23, I sent several PMs with no reply.

July 21: I file a SNAD claim with Paypal

July 22: Seller apologized and said he forgot but noticed his PayPal acct was negative because of my claim. He assured me of a full refund upon receipt of book. He asked if I could close the claim so he could sell some items on eBay. I complied.

July 28: tracking shows book delivered. More PMs from me to no avail.

July 29: I Pmd and alerted Seller that I was going to nominate him for PL or HOS.

August 1: I texted inquiring as to refund status. seller replied that he had to check with girlfriend to make sure book arrived, and that he would refund me by noon. I told him that tracking shows delivered.

August 2: my texts not replied to and no refund. So here we are.

My fault for closing the PP claim, but he did respond albeit intermittently and seemed on the level. Not a ton of $ involved ($300 and change), but still.