• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman thread show us yours
9 9

3,413 posts in this topic

(Whew, really had to dig for this thread!)

I've been looking for a Superman #6 since the beginning of time...love the cover & am very happy to finally have one. These yellow covers on the early issues show up every bit of stain, tanning, dust shadows, dirt etc... not easy to find in presentable lower grade.

t7zxua.jpg

Jon, hope it's OK, I saw this on your desk and took it home to read?

:whistle:

Picked this up two weeks ago.

Nice! :applause:

This issue never gets much love, but it's a great one. I sold mine ages ago and hope to replace it. Love the cover and the stories both!

Something a little different...

supermankryptoray1a_zpswy8sonwx.jpg

supermankryptoray2a_zpsdaadp0hz.jpg

They actually used that in one of the stories. Was it in Action 32? I like the Raygun but it is probably more difficult to find good films.

Edited by BB-Gun

The films came as you see them here but were also offered in little boxes separately. I used to see the little boxed films quite a bit but not as much lately.

I've always loved how they call out the "features" of the gun. This one works well by the way.

And yes, Action #32 was the first mention of the Krypto Ray Gun. I should pull out my copy and scan it.

s-l1600_zpsotdw4ex5.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

I've been looking for a Superman #6 since the beginning of time...love the cover & am very happy to finally have one. These yellow covers on the early issues show up every bit of stain, tanning, dust shadows, dirt etc... not easy to find in presentable lower grade.

t7zxua.jpg

I have one lower grade than yours missing centerfold i think. lol Great job yours looks nice (thumbs u

]Superman-6_zpszfrcjeo0.jpg[/img]

My copy has pencil marks on the cover but the interior is in good shape.

4590283292_a5750716b6_z.jpg

I think I turned the contrast up too high. It doesn't look tan when mixed with other books. (shrug)

27586241195_03574fd76d_b.jpg

5558685831_dd151fea70_b.jpg

Love your copy of Superman 6. I believe the writers/artists/editors were still trying to figure out the shape of the "S". It looks different on issue 6 compared issue 9 and that's just a few months later (or 6 months). Anyway, congrats on the pickup. I'm still saving for one but I can enjoy yours in the meantime.

t7zxua.jpg

Oh...so want a Superman #6! That cover :cloud9:

First time peeking into this thread in a while. SuperBird, what does this run you're doing consist of?