• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jay Maybruck Interview from Comic Zone Radio

68 posts in this topic

They still post from time to time....... sometimes it will be Vinnie.... sometimes Rob, Steve, or Frank..... same user ID...... I would imagine they're VERY busy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

They still post from time to time....... sometimes it will be Vinnie.... sometimes Rob, Steve, or Frank..... same user ID...... I would imagine they're VERY busy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Last I heard, they had dispatched a team to track you down for an interview. :D

Is there a reason Metropolis stopped posting on these boards?

The boards have a tendency to become very polarizing. It can get frustrating when you have to weigh each and every post between your personal interests and your business interests. It is impossible to separate the two here. The new holder discussion has been an eye opener for me. No matter what I post someone is offended. I am sure that Metro has the same type response to whatever they post.

The boards have a tendency to become very polarizing. It can get frustrating when you have to weigh each and every post between your personal interests and your business interests. It is impossible to separate the two here. The new holder discussion has been an eye opener for me. No matter what I post someone is offended. I am sure that Metro has the same type response to whatever they post.

I've never been offended by any of your posts. I find them balanced and insightful.

Any chance this comment gets me a 10% discount on your site? hm

Unless you make a comment that somehow might have a negative impact on your business (say off a customer) you are in the same boat in terms of commenting as everyone else. Anyone saying something outside the rules or going to far with CGC on something like their new holder is subject to some verbal abuse or having your posts deleted.

It's the fact that your hobby is also your business that gives you and Metro (and others) a different perspective worth being heard on the boards.

For gods sake man you're a Texan, break out your six shooter and blast anyone to hell that doesn't agree with you... :slapfight:

Metro is from New York. They need to start posting again. :eyeroll:

Unless you make a comment that somehow might have a negative impact on your business (say off a customer) you are in the same boat in terms of commenting as everyone else.

Unfortunately a business can never know if some seemingly innocuous post will or won't potentially cost them something.

Unless you make a comment that somehow might have a negative impact on your business (say off a customer) you are in the same boat in terms of commenting as everyone else.

Unfortunately a business can never know if some seemingly innocuous post will or won't potentially cost them something.

Yup.

You post something innocent, someone takes it politically or religiously and they strike you off as a possible client.

Yup.

You post something innocent, someone takes it politically or religiously and they strike you off as a possible client.

Well I'm not going to presume to tell you or anyone how to post but I will say I buy books still from dealers I think are holes. Business is business as long as I'm not dealing with someone who I think might rip me off I'm not concerned with their personality. I deal with people everyday at work I dislike. lol

I still think it's a loss and sad if people stop posting because their opinions aren't shared. You don't have to agree with an opinion to at least allow someone the right to think it.

I picked up comics from Sparkle City as a kid. The only one I remember from seeing and talking to at the San Diego comic cons was Joe Vereneault. I didn't know who he was until I googled Sparkle City after reading this thread. I still see him in San Diego at times (not sure the last time).

As a kid he was a great person to deal with and I had the same impression when I saw him with his new company. Always around nice books and always a real friendly person to deal with.

I don't remember Jay Maybruck one way or the other if I ever met him. He sounds like a real tool though (at least back then) but after meeting Joe Vereneault I probably looked for him at Sparkle City's stand.

Joe V has not set up at SD Con in several years. He does show up for a day or two to buy.

Joe V has not set up at SD Con in several years. He does show up for a day or two to buy.

Probably the last time I saw him then.

I remember going round and round with my credit card company trying to buy some books from him with whatever booth he was at. After about 45 minutes we finally got the deal done. He just kept smiling saying this mess happens at cons all the time so no worries.

1 hour ago, HandsomeVanzant said:

Hi Guys-

Last year ComicZoneRadio.com's site was updated. Here is the link - http://www.comiczoneradio.com/all-interviews.html

Enjoy!

That looks great.  If I may offer one suggestion - is it possible to put the date of the interview on that page next to the creator?  I know it is full already so possibly offer an option to have another list by year?

Lots of great interviews available and I have listened to most of them already.