• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,554 posts in this topic

According to the census there is a 9.6 copy of this one out there. :o

30e54667-ca60-4cfc-9427-9e058dcca2aa_zpsybxowkzo.jpg

Wow, that's a great book with a great cover. :applause:

I agree! Wonder if the 9.6 is one of the few Church Bakers? hm

One of my favorite Baker covers. Shame about the pq, though.

e18493e1-4ee8-434e-988e-d014a39973d2_zpscbc4cq63.jpg

The worst PQ CGC books I have are light tan to off white.

So how bad is a slightly brittle PQ when compared to light tan,tan or just brittle?

It's not on the list so if it is a Church copy it was sold prior to the list being created.

One of my favorite Baker covers. Shame about the pq, though.

e18493e1-4ee8-434e-988e-d014a39973d2_zpscbc4cq63.jpg

The worst PQ CGC books I have are light tan to off white.

So how bad is a slightly brittle PQ when compared to light tan,tan or just brittle?

I think Slightly brittle has the brittleness confined to one spot -- in this case the top of the spine. In hand, the top of the spine seemed stable, so I figured it was just a bug chew. CGC didn't agree, though.

It's not on the list so if it is a Church copy it was sold prior to the list being created.

I think we had this discussion before, but I can't remember the outcome ... but would that be the highest rated Baker romance book?

I have a Pictorial Confession 3 that's a 9.4 and I think there some other 9.4s. Don't remember if anyone has posted a 9.6, though.

Are the Baker Cinderella Loves particularly difficult to find? There's only a handful of each on the census.

Yeah, pretty much, particularly in at least mid-grade. The run was fairly late in St John's existence. For instance, CL 25 has a cover date of December 1954. So St John's always shaky distribution was probably even worse by then, or so I assume.

Are the Baker Cinderella Loves particularly difficult to find? There's only a handful of each on the census.

Yeah, pretty much, particularly in at least mid-grade. The run was fairly late in St John's existence. For instance, CL 25 has a cover date of December 1954. So St John's always shaky distribution was probably even worse by then, or so I assume.

There's probably no way, at this point, to determine print run.

Time to bump this thread.

Canadian edition.

teen-ageromances10jpg.jpg

Nice book! I've seen only a very small handful of Canadian St. Johns. Just curious, does this one have any blank inside covers?

No. Ads on the interior covers. Published by Superior.

Edited by comicnoir