• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Undead Thread: Pre-Code Horror
21 21

Favorite Pre-Code Publisher  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Pre-Code Publisher

10,226 posts in this topic

Can't believe one of my favorite threads has slipped to page 5!

Little by little as I get the time, I am going through my horror boxes and doing group shots of the ones that are complete. I'm missing maybe 6 or 7 Atlas but this set is complete. (at least as I want it to be). What's YOUR favorite?

comastonishingrun1_zpst3gad6vm.jpg

comastonishingrun2_zpsofmnxz5r.jpg

I've made no secret of my love for Everett Marvel Boy covers. I love the #3 so much - it's just a work of art. I don't see a #4 in the group shot?

Little by little as I get the time, I am going through my horror boxes and doing group shots of the ones that are complete. I'm missing maybe 6 or 7 Atlas but this set is complete. (at least as I want it to be). What's YOUR favorite?

Very nice!!!

My vote is for #30. It's the most gruesome cover of the run.

Very nice!!!

My vote is for #30. It's the most gruesome cover of the run.

Somebody I know has a pretty nice one.

:golfclap::golfclap: Astonishing!!

Sweet set, R-man! :applause:

I would have to vote for #30 (the "melting" cover) too. But closely following it would be #8 (the hand drowning cover) as well as the classic #15 (Everett "blind date" cover).Lot of good ones here.

River City

Astonishing30.jpg

Bethlehem

Astonish8_1.jpg

River City

Astonishing15.jpg

So this is maybe slightly OT, but I've gone thru original art channels and have had no luck. I'm hoping some boardies can help me with a list I'm compiling of PCH cover original art that is known to exist. I'm having trouble confirming what Harvey covers are still out there. A huge trove of Harvey art surfaced in the early 2000's, but I have been unable to find which covers were present. Most of the "keys" have never been offered for public sale (WT 25, CoC 23, ToT 15, Black Cat 50). Any assistance with this project would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty much all the Harvey art exists. Some of the best were selected right after they surfaced and have been buried since then.