• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

I must be late on this one, but what's causing those middle Vision issues to spike up? I bought and read the first few issues as they were released, liked it but figured I'd hold out for them later since they weren't exactly flying off the shelves around me. My closest LCS, the one I go to most, only had the most recent issue and a variant for #7, 2nC had all issues except for #6, and issues #5 and under were in the marked down bins (multiples of every other issue, except only one #5). Called another store and they only had #2 and #5 in stock. I'm more concerned with being able to get my hands on them to read than buying them for speculative purposes, but from what I'm finding nearest me, #6 is the toughest one to find.

Edit: Just found the comicsheatingup.com post on this... no mention as to why it's up there, just shows some eBay listings and purchases from the last 10 days.

Edited by BishopT

I must be late on this one, but what's causing those middle Vision issues to spike up? I bought and read the first few issues as they were released, liked it but figured I'd hold out for them later since they weren't exactly flying off the shelves around me. My closest LCS, the one I go to most, only had the most recent issue and a variant for #7, 2nC had all issues except for #6, and issues #5 and under were in the marked down bins (multiples of every other issue, except only one #5). Called another store and they only had #2 and #5 in stock. I'm more concerned with being able to get my hands on them to read than buying them for speculative purposes, but from what I'm finding nearest me, #6 is the toughest one to find.

Edit: Just found the comicsheatingup.com post on this... no mention as to why it's up there, just shows some eBay listings and purchases from the last 10 days.

Shockingly, it is about the story. The book is getting MAJOR love from non-comic reviewers and is legitimately hard to find because non-comic people are buying it.

Shockingly, it is about the story. The book is getting MAJOR love from non-comic reviewers and is legitimately hard to find because non-comic people are buying it.

Between this and the acclaim for Sheriff of Babylon, there could be good things in store for Batman.

You guys and gals are aware the Invincible Ironman #7 only 3 people bid on the 9.8 that recently closed at $142. hahahahaha

I grabbed those II7 for the quick flip, no thought at all of submitting. However....

Ok looks like we may have two shrill bidders on the Invincible Iron Man 7 That went for $142.50. One bidder bid up the price 3x. In addition, It looks like 52% of one bidder TOTAL bids on ebay is to this same seller. Plus, in the past 6 months the bidder has had 3 retractions. Another bidder has 100% of their TOTAL bids on ebay is to this same seller.

False demand so actually it is 1 bidder.

Speculation sites that don't notice this suck.

You are welcome.

Hey, nice catch, catch21. :) Actually, I was that bidder desperately trying to actually win the auction, which is extremely embarrassing now that I know those were shills ... it's nice to know I had the wool pulled over my eyes (and also nice to know that, well, I didn't end up actually winning). Tricky tricky ebay :(

No love for Alpha?

In the world of villains, the ones you love to hate, Alpha is mediocre. If Superman has Lex Luthor; Batman the Joker; Spider-Man, the Green Goblin; The Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom; then The Walking Dead has The Governor (and Negan)... Alpha is far as developed characters goes is not that compelling, more of a 2nd tier adversary. Not everyone can be #1 or "the best", so as a long term speculation, Alpha as a character will probably die, along with any hyped value, and be part of the folklore where fans move on and wait for the next evil entity to threaten the good guys.

No love for Alpha?

In the world of villains, the ones you love to hate, Alpha is mediocre. If Superman has Lex Luthor; Batman the Joker; Spider-Man, the Green Goblin; The Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom; then The Walking Dead has The Governor (and Negan)... Alpha is far as developed characters goes is not that compelling, more of a 2nd tier adversary. Not everyone can be #1 or "the best", so as a long term speculation, Alpha as a character will probably die, along with any hyped value, and be part of the folklore where fans move on and wait for the next evil entity to threaten the good guys.

Funny. Thats how I feel about Negan. Alpha is far from fleshed out but Negan is cuss, cuss, cuss, talk, talk, talk, kill, kill, kill. He may have been "bad guy" number 1 is his world until Rick and crew showed up but then it was over. He loses a fight, loses leadership, and loses his freedom. Alpha on the other hand, hasn't lost much to this point other than maybe their humanity. Where Negan saw things conventionally, Alpha uses guerilla warfare.

Negan has been far from boring but his fear factor for Rick and crew mostly stopped with Glenn. Not so with the Whisperers. They could be anywhere, anytime, and there is no one who wants to spend much time in their territory. People have feared them since they showed up. Lastly, I don't see Kirkman keeping the Joker or Green Goblin in his series. He has made Rick one handed, killed the Governor, and nearly every other major character (good and bad) has eaten dirt. This isn't a Batman story and thats why it works so well imo.

You guys and gals are aware the Invincible Ironman #7 only 3 people bid on the 9.8 that recently closed at $142. hahahahaha

I grabbed those II7 for the quick flip, no thought at all of submitting. However....

Ok looks like we may have two shrill bidders on the Invincible Iron Man 7 That went for $142.50. One bidder bid up the price 3x. In addition, It looks like 52% of one bidder TOTAL bids on ebay is to this same seller. Plus, in the past 6 months the bidder has had 3 retractions. Another bidder has 100% of their TOTAL bids on ebay is to this same seller.

False demand so actually it is 1 bidder.

Speculation sites that don't notice this suck.

You are welcome.

Hey, nice catch, catch21. :) Actually, I was that bidder desperately trying to actually win the auction, which is extremely embarrassing now that I know those were shills ... it's nice to know I had the wool pulled over my eyes (and also nice to know that, well, I didn't end up actually winning). Tricky tricky ebay :(

Three people bidding, youre one of them, but agree that both other bidders were shills? lol come on, clearly that is a fos argument if you were one of the bidders. Or are you a shill?

Geeze

What the? Why's this book selling for that much? :shrug:

Price Memory is longer than people's on this one. Regular cover is $1.00 bin fodder, (I actually just pulled a whole set from $1 bins locally)

Variant, at time of serious movie speculation, had a few copies float for big $, but even after the movie spec fizzled, people still want to pay big $ for the book.

Nice cover though.

Batwoman plays a prominent role in the new DC Rebirth Detective comics yet there's no little to no interest in 52 Week 11 her 1st app...I know they printed a lot but is it the character or the issue that's the problem. She's always seemed to be outside the Batman universe doing her own thing, but now she's taking a somewhat center stage role in continuity.

Edited by krighton