• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Golden Age Adventure/New Adventure/New Comics
7 7

1,763 posts in this topic

Just got this in today!!! Low grade but complete, a book I've wanted for a long time.

adventure%2037%20front_zpsw4yzpcop.jpg

Congrats on joining the Adventure 37 club. That is hands down the best issue of the run. I'm still hoping to someday pickup a copy of Double Action 2 to go along with my copy....a man's gotta dream, right?

It was my dream as well. Fortunately, I was able to pursue that dream decades ago when the books were affordable.

:golfclap: I need a bib when I look at that book....thanks for the share-truly awesome!

Thanks IF, thanks Damian & Knights too! This thread has fired me up & got me searching for others!!

Just got this baby in the mail yesterday!!! SO happy :whee:

new%20adventure%2031_zpsuolv9awx.jpg

OH so you were the one that outbid me :baiting:

Congrats! It is a pretty book.

Oh ..... er ... sorry SW :shy: I had no idea it was a boardie behind me. Not that I owe them any business, but if you still want a copy, Metro has a slightly nicer 6.0 with ow/w pages on their site. More money too, but it IS a higher grade (shrug)

Just got this baby in the mail yesterday!!! SO happy :whee:

new%20adventure%2031_zpsuolv9awx.jpg

Congrats! That's a sweet copy :golfclap:

Ditto...That right there is another Super neat copy of a super neat and tough book!!! Well done huge congrats!! :applause:(thumbs u

I honestly believe this is the toughest NA besides 26.

Though NA 24 is my favorite, NA 25, 26, 27, and 28 are indeed rarer.

How rare is NA 13 in comparison since it is designated as Rare by Overstreet and is also given a SI rating of 10 by Gerber in his Photojournal? hm

No doubt those watery theme adventure covers are just so much better such as NA 25, 27, 30, 31, etc. :cloud9:

Honestly NA 13 is probably still rarer. NA 25-27 are so much more desirable though that they come to market much less often.

I have seen 3 NA 13's for sale over the last 5 years, and only two each of 25-27. Most of those were low grade or restored. Just my 2c

How rare is NA 13 in comparison since it is designated as Rare by Overstreet and is also given a SI rating of 10 by Gerber in his Photojournal? hm

No doubt those watery theme adventure covers are just so much better such as NA 25, 27, 30, 31, etc. :cloud9:

Honestly NA 13 is probably still rarer. NA 25-27 are so much more desirable though that they come to market much less often.

I have seen 3 NA 13's for sale over the last 5 years, and only two each of 25-27. Most of those were low grade or restored. Just my 2c

NA 15 is the other extremely tough issue. In fact, it has fewer copies on the census than 13, 25 and 27:

163154.jpg.97d946625e6bbf342138ff3a8d7b5ab8.jpg

NA 15 is the other extremely tough issue. In fact, it has fewer copies on the census than 13, 25 and 27:

I'm actively looking to buy copies of New Adventure 15 & 25 if anyone knows of any for sale. Evident by the condition of the 37 I recently posted, I'm open to just about any grade & restoration is never a problem for me, so long as it's disclosed up front (thumbs u

Posted 3.5 years ago...

As a long-time pre-hero Adventure completionist, here are my ball park rankings of the top 10 in order of scarcity:

1. New Adventure 13

2. New Adventure 26 and 27 (tied)

4. New Adventure 25

5. New Comics 2 and 3 (tied)

7. New Adventure 12

8. New Adventure 15

9. New Comics 4

10. Adventure 36

I tried to go past 10, but found it too difficult to distinguish between specific issues. The next grouping would probably be New Adventure 14, 16, 17, 22 and 23. Some of the other issues of New Comics may be more scarce than they appear to be simply because the demand for them is so low that it affects the scarcity perception.

Any recommended changes to the list?

Posted 3.5 years ago...

As a long-time pre-hero Adventure completionist, here are my ball park rankings of the top 10 in order of scarcity:

1. New Adventure 13

2. New Adventure 26 and 27 (tied)

4. New Adventure 25

5. New Comics 2 and 3 (tied)

7. New Adventure 12

8. New Adventure 15

9. New Comics 4

10. Adventure 36

I tried to go past 10, but found it too difficult to distinguish between specific issues. The next grouping would probably be New Adventure 14, 16, 17, 22 and 23. Some of the other issues of New Comics may be more scarce than they appear to be simply because the demand for them is so low that it affects the scarcity perception.

Any recommended changes to the list?

Surprisingly, that list still seems fairly accurate in my opinion. Based on books that have surfaced over the last 3 years, today I might tweak the list by moving 13 down a notch, and switching the positions of 12 and 36. It's also possible that 28 could qualify for a top 10 spot. But it wouldn't surprise me if the list is still accurate as is.