• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlton Comics Group Appreciation and Information Thread
7 7

444 posts in this topic

:applause:

What a terrific, esoteric and HARD TO FIND run.

Kudos!

Glad you like them. Lucked out on quite a few of them from the same seller on ebay awhile back.

Well...Morales and then Giordano! Nicely done, Fett, a beautiful beautiful set. Best title design ever when Morales took over with #9. I'd pay a pretty penny or two (hundred thousand) for a nice copy of this book. And many others from this run - which was a very long one.

Picked these up in a drek box today. I bought the Doomsday +1 #5 off the stands back in the day and was glad to find a cheap reading copy (great early Byrne art), but I did a double take when I noticed the Charlton logo was missing.

I left comics back in '83, but even then, I had no idea these existed. I assume Modern Comics is to Charlton as Whitman is to Marvel.

163248.jpg.2592675ccc9903a336d4860228dbf858.jpg

I know Charlton's get dismissed as "drek" but in my experience it's not easy putting a high-grade run together.

It took me 8 years to finally complete this run in high-grade 9.4 - 9.6

Space: 1999 1 a photo Space19991a_zpsau0ewqoq.jpg

I am working on the same run, tough to find.

Im not a huge Charlton collector but I came across a cool book in a lot that I purchased. The main book I purchased the lot for was a Amazing Spiderman 14 but I also found this neat gem!

My Little Margie #54

This issue has a Beetles appearence and from what I read in Overstreet there are known the be less then 100 in existence. Anyways its pretty beat up but I sent it in for grading to preserve a neat and rare piece of history!

20160524_165254_zps0th4wzwo.jpg

0389b66d-3d88-4b63-9a76-20429ec107b8_zpsnhl3nkah.jpg

Edited by guldanaaron

On 7/2/2016 at 10:44 PM, Brian48 said:

Picked these up in a drek box today. I bought the Doomsday +1 #5 off the stands back in the day and was glad to find a cheap reading copy (great early Byrne art), but I did a double take when I noticed the Charlton logo was missing.

I left comics back in '83, but even then, I had no idea these existed. I assume Modern Comics is to Charlton as Whitman is to Marvel.

163248.jpg.2592675ccc9903a336d4860228dbf858.jpg

Modern reprinted the Charlton books, sometimes just a couple of years later, sometimes a decade+