• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre-Heat Speculation Thread - Get it before it gets HOT
9 9

2,180 posts in this topic

Any chance any value on Vengeance #1 or any of Ms. America variant covers if she ends up getting a solo?

I know thes teasers might be pretty meaningless at the moment, but all the previous ones had a character that had a solo series currently ongoing.

america-full-8b67f.jpg

Edited by ssjmorales

I was going to say Aleister Arcane, but looks like I'm a little late on that one. I did manage to order a NM #1 from Milehigh during for the half off deal, yesterday it was listed at $19 (so mine's about $9.50?), today they have it listed at $38 NM. Also, most listings I saw on eBay yesterday have been sold, including the rest of the run.

Odd how nobody is posting about this except you and me. You could get issues last week for $2 or less, this week the sets are $100+ and a #1 alone sold for BIN price of $60 since the Jim Carrey movie was announced. Usually you see a lot of interest when a big star announces he's going to star as a comic book character, but I suspect this being a fairly unknown series that most don't have copies and so they don't want to post until they find a set for themselves?

This particular copy of Invincible Iron Man #7 is already at $82, which is $37 over its last sale price. It's scarce on the registry, but it's the first appearance of Riri Williams, who Bendis indicates in his latest interview is supposed to be some kind of "karmic balance" for a certain someone's death in Civil War II.

Full disclosure: I just happen to like the cover, so I bidded it up but it went too high for my blood for a character who isn't even confirmed to be actually relevant yet. Which one of you is speccing on this already?? :P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Invincible-Iron-Man-7-Women-of-Power-variant-CGC-9-8-/322161781347?hash=item4b0256aa63:g:p3wAAOSw41xXOmO1

Edited by ahsieh

Okay, I bit my tongue and continued to bid on the variant, and it ultimately ended at 2.5x the last sale on GPA ($45). No, I didn't win.

Is there something going on with Riri Williams I don't know about (like an ongoing?? say it ain't so!) , or is this just someone who really likes this cover?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322161781347

Edited by ahsieh

V6HHBUi.jpg

Last page of VENOM SPACE KNIGHT #9. Yes, it's yet another symbiote. Yes, it's a cameo. But stranger things have happened.

(That said, I'm still reeling from going heavy on Toxin. Yikes, talk about a bad spec.)

Edited by ahsieh