• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HULK # 1 CLUB
20 20

3,618 posts in this topic

So, I had no business even looking, possibly bidding, but why not I said. I look away for a moment, distracted, and Bam, it's gone. Most likely for better, as I would have been going even more batty than I already am. I sort of knew it would go lower, but less than 13K, Holy Moly!!! I am referring to the 5.0 SS Lee that just sold. I know that sig was a bit ugly over Banner, but man, that would have been sweet. Again, for the better!

So, I had no business even looking, possibly bidding, but why not I said. I look away for a moment, distracted, and Bam, it's gone. Most likely for better, as I would have been going even more batty than I already am. I sort of knew it would go lower, but less than 13K, Holy Moly!!! I am referring to the 5.0 SS Lee that just sold. I know that sig was a bit ugly over Banner, but man, that would have been sweet. Again, for the better!

Link?

Yeah, I guess it turns on the old question of how many people do you attract versus how many people you turn off with a Stan sig. And this sig was poorly placed. And the auction ended on a holiday weekend.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262510029503

If you're into Stan sig(s) and white pages :banana:

How ugly is that. When I see double sigs like this, I wonder if the person somehow swindled CGC into thinking the first sig was already on there. Why the .... would you want two sigs by the same artist/creator.

Regarding the 5.0 SS that sold, what horrible placement. I agree that it most likely sold low during the holiday weekend, and due to con season. Certain books, especially around the 8-15K mark, tend to suffer during this time. Definitely a time to get a deal. If I bought it, my head would have been spinning. So today, I could breathe freely. Higher than I need right now anyway. I do believe a 5.0 is a 14-15.5 book any day of the week though, especially one that presents nicely.

I tried to sell my TOS 4.0 SS Lee, thinking it would do well, even with good Stan placement, and had to wait and wait on it. I'm seeing more and more that Stan sigs and sigs in general are more and more tricky. Sometimes in auctions they go way above GPA or FMV, and sometimes way lower.

Hulk 1 9.0 @ 285K

Freshly graded.

ComicLink

Into an old slab!

Great looking book. The price doesn't seem too in orbit to me, although IH 1 seems to have cooled down -- at least in mid-grades. Be interesting to see if it sells.