• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman and Detective Show Us Yours!
14 14

2,400 posts in this topic

Yep 3800. Made an offer and was countered 4k. Spine of covers look somewhat brittle to me. Hopefully it's not the case.

Cover presents really well regardless, great book.

if it is truly a 3.0 more like a 6k book

As a small aside to the discussion on that Tec 69 price, does anyone else find it perplexing that there hasn't been much movement (comparatively) to Tec 71? I figured some of that price jump on 69 would trickle down to 71, but that seems not to be the case.

As a small aside to the discussion on that Tec 69 price, does anyone else find it perplexing that there hasn't been much movement (comparatively) to Tec 71? I figured some of that price jump on 69 would trickle down to 71, but that seems not to be the case.

Both great covers, but one involves a calendar and the other a menacing/looming joker brandishing two guns. I think people gravitate toward the violence/danger associated with 69 more so then 71, same reason TEC 62 (joker holding ballons) probably never reaches the levels of a TEC 69 (or TEC 71) - my two cents.

Anyway, the TEC 71 CGC 8.0 for sale in the next HA auction should tell you what you want to know in terms of value, though no one knows what a TEC 69 CGC 8.0 would go for these days.

I am sure it would be eye popping.

I agree. The disparity between 69 and 71 is crazy, and I see no reason for it except the guns on 69. I actually prefer the 71 cover.

I think the 71 will do very well at Heritage, but not what a 69 in the same grade would achieve.

Both great covers, but one involves a calendar and the other a menacing/looming joker brandishing two guns. I think people gravitate toward the violence/danger associated with 69 more so then 71, same reason TEC 62 (joker holding ballons) probably never reaches the levels of a TEC 69 (or TEC 71) - my two cents.

Anyway, the TEC 71 CGC 8.0 for sale in the next HA auction should tell you what you want to know in terms of value, though no one knows what a TEC 69 CGC 8.0 would go for these days.

I agree that the 69 is an awesome cover, my favorite joker cover, I do like the 71 too. I think it is the "guns vs calendar" that sets the 69 apart. I think as far as Joker covers the 71 is my 3rd favorite behind the Batman 11.

Link says unsold, might make its way to Sarasota and be back on Ebay a a much higher price.

Well, it says the seller ended the auction because there was an error in the listing. That often translates to the seller accepted an off-EBay offer.

Link says unsold, might make its way to Sarasota and be back on Ebay a a much higher price.

Well, it says the seller ended the auction because there was an error in the listing. That often translates to the seller accepted an off-EBay offer.

There was an error: he forgot to list it with a buy-it-now at an exorbitant price.

What did it sell for - impressive if anywhere near the asking price given the problems with this book.

That book has color touch at the base of the left corner, you can see it peeking out from under the cover.

What about the price jump of Tec 69 trickling down to Tec 76? Last November a CBCS 8.5 copy of Tec 76 sold for an eye popping $11,352!

Practicing with IMGUR.................. and you folks are my guinea pigs...... my apologies in advance. *No boardies were harmed in the development of this post* GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

AgaDFaq.jpg

Practicing with IMGUR.................. and you folks are my guinea pigs...... my apologies in advance. *No boardies were harmed in the development of this post* GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

AgaDFaq.jpg

:takeit: