• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,730 posts in this topic

Local store slapped a $25 sticker on uncanny inhumans cover b....one store had none of either a or b and another had 5 damaged cover a.....people lining up at this store....wonder what they want (update: The store got 0 copies)

Edited by krighton

Uncanny Inhumans #11 1:25 Variant moving at $100 - $150. Last published print run was on #9 at ~25,000.

Why are people buying this for so much?

First appearance of a new character that is getting his own title this fall. Also, low print run (for a Marvel title), last documented print run was 25,000.

I see that people are baying that it contains the death of Lockjaw as well, that seems ridiculous from what I see. Damn, hes a teleporter people......

1hs3df.jpg

I posted this on preheat, but since the raws are now listed at $15-20 (or $5-7 for the slowpokes), I think this is relevant. I tried bidding on this because I happen to like the cover, but it quickly got out of control. No, I didn't end up winning. People seem to have a lot of faith in Riri Williams... hoping for the X-23 / Kamala Khan effect I'm sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322161781347

It appears issue #7 is a last page cameo unless something was missed. Issue #9 features her in costume on the cover and both in and out of costume on a couple of pages inside of the book. She is mentioned by name in issue #9 also so this looks to be a more apt comparison to CM #17 than #7 for the cover appearance. Is she in any other pages other than this in issues #7 though #9 ?

Yeah but nobody will care about 9

You're probably right. It just occurred to me that this would be opposite of most modern hot books though some cameos have recently been getting attention. If a person were inclined to spend that kind of money on a cameo of a new character, what might this be worth ?

1st James Rhodes CGC 9.8

While not a modern, certainly relevant to the discussion don't you think ?

Not really. You're link is to a Bronze age 9.8. Books that were released well before "tombing". Today people submit for their tombing the minute they have it in hand, never to be relegated to a long box for potential damage.

I'm playing devil's advocate.

The relevance was in the character styling if not characterization itself. The fact that one of these books is a tough find 9.8 while the other will be very easy to obtain. Mix that with the fact that at some point, people will read the books and go "oops!". lol

People paying over half for a book with a spec character who may or may not be of long term significance, will probably end their purchase by regretting paying that much relative to the original character who appears in Marvel movies. The character probably is worth watching but even then, people should open up the book and see for themselves what they're buying.

No, it's definitely a fair point. But I think with Bendis' recent interview (sorry, I can't find it right now, but he explicitly promoted Riri Williams as a "karmic balance" for War Machine's death) and with the rise of characters like Jane Foster!Thor, Kamala Khan Miles Morales and other diversity-minded characters, we're all on the lookout for the next teenage star. So it doesn't strike me as too silly a move to buy this book for $142.50 (well, I still think it's MOSTLY silly) when CM#17 2nd print ... well, we know about that book.

I mean, I'm a Chinese man, so I feel how squicky this is already. But them's the breaks.

I posted this on preheat, but since the raws are now listed at $15-20 (or $5-7 for the slowpokes), I think this is relevant. I tried bidding on this because I happen to like the cover, but it quickly got out of control. No, I didn't end up winning. People seem to have a lot of faith in Riri Williams... hoping for the X-23 / Kamala Khan effect I'm sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322161781347

It appears issue #7 is a last page cameo unless something was missed. Issue #9 features her in costume on the cover and both in and out of costume on a couple of pages inside of the book. She is mentioned by name in issue #9 also so this looks to be a more apt comparison to CM #17 than #7 for the cover appearance. Is she in any other pages other than this in issues #7 though #9 ?

Yeah but nobody will care about 9

You're probably right. It just occurred to me that this would be opposite of most modern hot books though some cameos have recently been getting attention. If a person were inclined to spend that kind of money on a cameo of a new character, what might this be worth ?

1st James Rhodes CGC 9.8

While not a modern, certainly relevant to the discussion don't you think ?

Not really. You're link is to a Bronze age 9.8. Books that were released well before "tombing". Today people submit for their tombing the minute they have it in hand, never to be relegated to a long box for potential damage.

I'm playing devil's advocate.

The relevance was in the character styling if not characterization itself. The fact that one of these books is a tough find 9.8 while the other will be very easy to obtain. Mix that with the fact that at some point, people will read the books and go "oops!". lol

People paying over half for a book with a spec character who may or may not be of long term significance, will probably end their purchase by regretting paying that much relative to the original character who appears in Marvel movies. The character probably is worth watching but even then, people should open up the book and see for themselves what they're buying.

No, it's definitely a fair point. But I think with Bendis' recent interview (sorry, I can't find it right now, but he explicitly promoted Riri Williams as a "karmic balance" for War Machine's death) and with the rise of characters like Jane Foster!Thor, Kamala Khan Miles Morales and other diversity-minded characters, we're all on the lookout for the next teenage star. So it doesn't strike me as too silly a move to buy this book for $142.50 (well, I still think it's MOSTLY silly) when CM#17 2nd print ... well, we know about that book.

I mean, I'm a Chinese man, so I feel how squicky this is already. But them's the breaks.

what does 'squicky' mean? Is it a Chinese word? like PF Chang?

what does 'squicky' mean? Is it a Chinese word? like PF Chang?

This wasn't funny.

Well, that was fast regarding UI #11! I hit three stores with one more to come in a bit - got 4 IH11 (3 A, 1 B), 7 Inv. Iron Man 7, and 2 Vision 5s. I guess a good haul, now off to ebay!

Well, that was fast regarding UI #11! I hit three stores with one more to come in a bit - got 4 IH11 (3 A, 1 B), 7 Inv. Iron Man 7, and 2 Vision 5s. I guess a good haul, now off to ebay!

my stores were exceptionally greedy today..nothing good available for cover price.

My local B&N just got the regular cover, but on the bright side I picked up several Batman 1 newsstands.

Uncanny Inhumans 11 is gone locally and very fast. With such a small print run and speculators hyping the book it should be in demand for at least a little while.

I think Walking Dead can just about do anything now on their books and they will be a $20 book the next week.

My largest LCS still has rebirth and DC 1s still available, but man did they order heavy. I bet they got 200 Batman 1s.

You guys and gals are aware the Invincible Ironman #7 only 3 people bid on the 9.8 that recently closed at $142. hahahahaha

I grabbed those II7 for the quick flip, no thought at all of submitting. However....

You guys and gals are aware the Invincible Ironman #7 only 3 people bid on the 9.8 that recently closed at $142. hahahahaha

I grabbed those II7 for the quick flip, no thought at all of submitting. However....

Ok looks like we may have two shrill bidders on the Invincible Iron Man 7 That went for $142.50. One bidder bid up the price 3x. In addition, It looks like 52% of one bidder TOTAL bids on ebay is to this same seller. Plus, in the past 6 months the bidder has had 3 retractions. Another bidder has 100% of their TOTAL bids on ebay is to this same seller.

False demand so actually it is 1 bidder.

Speculation sites that don't notice this suck.

You are welcome.

Edited by catch21

my stores were exceptionally greedy today..nothing good available for cover price.

What were they supposed to provide you with exactly?

Who had these?

You cannot put what you do not have on the shelves...

28,000 print run divided by 2,000 shops is fourteen copies per shop on average.

Uncanny Inhumans has been a poor seller. Dreadful...

Shelf copies sit & rot.

NOBODY wanted this book before last week.

NOBODY pre-ordered or cared until spec sites started chirping.

I ordered 14.

I have twelve subs.

Missed it entirely....

Edited by LarrysComics

I'm sure you just wanted it for your personal collection, right?

I've had comics with higher bids than this one and they never show up on lyriacomicexchange

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122026191205?rmvSB=true

any chance the creators are pushing their own comics. that one listed has 14 bids yet the top right corner is creased and the comic has a bow in the middle.

Nope.