• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age group shot
21 21

9,321 posts in this topic

And speaking of motorcycle covers, here's another group shot of some that I've been accumulating this year from various places (mostly low-mid grades)...finally got around to re-bagging and boarding 'em this evening...now I can file them away where they belong:

MotorcycleGroupJune16.jpg

Nice!

Did you ever put together a complete list of motorcycle covers or do you pick them up as targets of opportunity?

Nice!

Did you ever put together a complete list of motorcycle covers or do you pick them up as targets of opportunity?

I definitely have a list that I'm pursuing...not sure whether the list is technically complete, but if not, it's darn close. Occasionally a surprise pops up that I haven't see before, and I update the list...but that's happening less and less frequently.

Of course, the question comes up as to where to end the list in time...I used to tell myself that I'm pursuing all "Golden Age" motorcycle covers...but that end point is a little vague. Lately, I've been telling myself that I'm pursuing all "Pre-code" motorcycle covers...that's a little more precise and easy to identify...if the book was pre-mid-1955 and doesn't have the CCA seal on the front cover, it qualifies.

I need to organize the list, but based on a quick glance at my spreadheet I've identified about 90'ish pre-code motorcycle covers, give or take a few (and also depending on whether you consider a scooter to be a "motorcycle" :D )...right now, I have copies of about 70'ish of the 90'ish. Maybe I should start a new journal thread for the motorcycle cover collection and lay all this out in there hm

And speaking of motorcycle covers, here's another group shot of some that I've been accumulating this year from various places (mostly low-mid grades)...finally got around to re-bagging and boarding 'em this evening...now I can file them away where they belong:

Here are a few more motorcycle covers...

2478773004_62b9ce4f01.jpg2477961311_d783ef095b.jpg

2473136685_5702080e7f.jpg2652036381_fc6ddbed52.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun

Nice!

I definitely have a list that I'm pursuing...not sure whether the list is technically complete, but if not, it's darn close. Occasionally a surprise pops up that I haven't see before, and I update the list...but that's happening less and less frequently.

Of course, the question comes up as to where to end the list in time...I used to tell myself that I'm pursuing all "Golden Age" motorcycle covers...but that end point is a little vague. Lately, I've been telling myself that I'm pursuing all "Pre-code" motorcycle covers...that's a little more precise and easy to identify...if the book was pre-mid-1955 and doesn't have the CCA seal on the front cover, it qualifies.

I need to organize the list, but based on a quick glance at my spreadheet I've identified about 90'ish pre-code motorcycle covers, give or take a few (and also depending on whether you consider a scooter to be a "motorcycle" :D )...right now, I have copies of about 70'ish of the 90'ish. Maybe I should start a new journal thread for the motorcycle cover collection and lay all this out in there hm

Fun collecting focus.

Next you need to get CGC to include a label notation! :D

Here are a few more motorcycle covers...

2478773004_62b9ce4f01.jpg2477961311_d783ef095b.jpg

2473136685_5702080e7f.jpg2652036381_fc6ddbed52.jpg

Love the Alan Ladd with the photo Triumph cover. Had a Bonneville in high school until I wrecked it. Still have pins in my knees as a reminder. I just loved that bike.

I just picked up this one

comblackcat25_zpsk7q7az0u.jpg

I've been looking forward to having the 3 Silver age counterparts!

Since it actually looks like the character, I prefer Schomburg's first Torch cover 100 x more than Marvel #1's. Plus it's a lot cheaper.

27663900883_66d5600d57_b.jpg