• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Death-Return Print Variant Collection
5 5

257 posts in this topic

With these polybagged editions, do you have to send them to CGC in the polybag or can they be removed first?

They have to be removed from the bag in order for CGC to grade them. If you send them still sealed then CGC will not open them.

Here's one that I still don't know anything more... does anyone here?

(It has been a long time since I posted this one...)

It's a Superman #75 Platinum, signed by Brett Breeding (prior to CGC), so it gets a green label.

0033137011_1200.jpg

HOWEVER... it was manufactured with an "A" in the serial number (which I assume means "autographed")

and the serial number is higher than 10,000 (it's 10,921).

0033137011b_1200.jpg

My theory is that there are 10,000 copies of this book, serial numbers from 01001 to 11000, and that perhaps the last 100 copies are "A" with autographs (such as this 10,921).

Can anyone confirm (or prove false) the idea that there are no serial numbers below 01001?

Does anyone know of a serial number higher than 10,000 which does/doesn't have the "A"?

criminey, if DC issued these as autographed and there are serial numbers on the back indicating it is an autographed copy, shouldn't this be one that doesn't go in a green slab? not SS sure, but this is how it was manufactured/distributed???

Found two of these at a local used book store, just tucked away in a comic box...

Action686_zpsmoxmmsbo.jpeg

Action686front_zpsmqno9os4.jpeg

Was going to send a PM about these, but discovered I was on ignore. lol

Innit that just a kicker? No direct interaction, just ignoring because they don't like what you say?

:cloud9:

Picked up this collector's pack.

s-l1600_zpsgfnccsbd.jpg

Superman 74 fourth

Superman 75 fourth

Action Comics 684 third

JLA 69 fourth

MoS 18 fifth

MoS 19 third

Does the outer packaging have any dates?

Yes. Back of the box is blank, but is packed with this info sheet, shrink wrapped to the back. I have cracked 5 of these past year. (Three had a MOS 18 5th, two had a MOS 18 4th.)

440FEB3B-9AEF-4463-AA94-E97EAC8127A0_zpsavkv7gnr.jpg

It's good to know that Man of Steel #18 5th print (and some of the others) were most likely around in 1993.

I remember some discussion that they might have been 1994 reprints, which puts them two years after the original.

It's hard to take reprints from several years later very seriously. (Golden Record Reprints)