• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UNCANNY INHUMANS/INHUMAN/KARNAK Thread

83 posts in this topic

I think the funniest thing about the whole Inhumans push is that it does not matter how hard Marvel tries, there is little to no interest in the franchise. lol

The Karnak solo book is the only one I'm really enjoying (when it comes out) but that's got a lot to do with me being a Warren Ellis fan more than a Karnak fan. Uncanny Inhumans is a distant second & All-New has already been All-Dropped from my pull list. I really REALLY gave the Inhumans a chance but it's been really really mediocre at best. Marvel really just needs to give up on trying to replace the Mutants with Inhumans. I know they won't because the corporate overlords will keep pushing until it happens or until comic movies cease making money. But they really ought to give it up.

Inhuman was such a good run too, This is basically what happens when you try and spread 3 (now 4 Books) in what should be one title only.

Keep launching with a hot artist/writer team, only to yank them off the book after the 1st arc.

Well, Ellis generally doesn't sign on to do anything more than a 5-6 issue launch run anymore for Marvel. Hasn't for years. Stretching back to basically Invincible Iron Man w/ Granov like a decade ago. And even when he followed up Whedon on Astonishing X-Men, that didn't last long either.

Inhuman was pretty solid. If Soule was still writing both Uncanny & All New, it would probably be better. But All New is like the Inhumans that nobody cares about stuck into 1 book, and Uncanny is the one that would seem to be the A-list Inhuman book, except that the whole "mix of FF/X-Men/Inhuman Royal Family" thing that appeared to be the premise has already been dropped except for Johnny Storm. Beast appears to already be dropped from the cast. And some guy with flags or something hanging off him has had more scenes than Beast. That tells me something.

Uncanny Inhumans 11 is heating up...a couple of Cover A sold for $15 each. 1st Mosaic.

Well, the 1:25 will be the long term winner if the character is well received, he appears on 0 of the covers. I collect these books on the regular so no worries for my pull list. I had to go elsewhere for the 1:25's though, my local stores do not order enough to get it.

Edited by UltraMaximus

Ebayers preselling in panic mode...Midtown has cancelled some of the preorders for Uncanny Inhumans 11....must be a serious shortage.

This guy may be in trouble.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCANNY-INHUMANS-11-KHOI-PHAM-CIVIL-WAR-REENACTMENT-VARIANT-NM-1st-MOSAIC-/191903646721?hash=item2cae594401:g:khQAAOSwQupXVwsA

Edited by krighton

Ebayers preselling in panic mode...Midtown has cancelled some of the preorders for Uncanny Inhumans 11....must be a serious shortage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCANNY-INHUMANS-11-KHOI-PHAM-CIVIL-WAR-REENACTMENT-VARIANT-NM-1st-MOSAIC-/191903646721?hash=item2cae594401:g:khQAAOSwQupXVwsA

Yup. Midtown probably didn't order enough.

But Midtown is not the only place to preorder from.............

That guy survives everything he has been selling like that for years. Mass volume makes up for failures.

Always wondered if he was a boardie.

Say what you want about what the market response is, Uncanny Inhumans is a good read.

I just read #11. It's a good read as par for the series and a sensible tie in to Civil War II, but there is a false narrative that Lockjaw bites it, untrue.

scan0079.jpg

scan0080.jpg

Edited by UltraMaximus

I need an Uncanny Inhumans #11 1:25 variant. Yeah, yeah, hot book of the week, but will likely cool off and I will get one for less than current prices.

I guess you can all blame me for "setting the market" on the Uncanny Inhumans #11 Putri 1:25 variant.

My Local store order was too short for me to get the 1:25 so I put up 2 (What I thought were insane, nobody gonna out bid me) bids on 2 books from the same seller THAT I TRUST, and got sniped out at the end on both. Well, everyone saw that and apparently that became "market value".

The market (eBay) is now flooded with these and some are sitting, but the "speculators" are mostly who is buying this book, I'm just an Inhumans reader/collector that has another Inhumans book to chase now that I scored my NM All New Inhumans #5 Hip Hop Variant, and now they have a 1:25 that is way more common fetching close to the same numbers as that 1:100 book that was even lower print than UI #11.

Geeze this is nuts, but please accept my formal apology for what seems to be the market setting price point for this book on release day.

Edited by UltraMaximus

Nabbed a solid 9.8 candidate of the Uncanny Inhumans #11 Putri 1:25!

Mosaic is going to body jump in you, find your weakness, then post it on the internet for all your enemies to see. Inhumans are getting a little more Ruthless, and I want to know how Maximus got his hands back after the Inhuman run?

Mosaic is going to body jump in you, find your weakness, then post it on the internet for all your enemies to see. Inhumans are getting a little more Ruthless, and I want to know how Maximus got his hands back after the Inhuman run?

I liked Mosaic more the first time when he was called Bobby Soul in NYX. And as for Maximus & his hand? I'm pretty sure we can just chalk that up to "Secret War fall-out stuff & timeline changes & magicalcomicbooksciencestuff"

I liked Mosaic more the first time when he was called Bobby Soul in NYX. And as for Maximus & his hand? I'm pretty sure we can just chalk that up to "Secret War fall-out stuff & timeline changes & magicalcomicbooksciencestuff"

Dare I say, a HAND WAVE?!?!?!?!!?

Dare I say, a HAND WAVE?!?!?!?!!?

RIMSHOT!

Almost said rimjob... not the same thing.