• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BATMAN VS SUPERMAN MOVIE A DOG

765 posts in this topic

I will see it next week, let you know, but remember what I believe claude rains said... move critics don't buy tickets..lol

I will see it next week, let you know, but remember what I believe claude rains said... move critics don't buy tickets..lol

(thumbs u

interesting read...I would like to get an idea using a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best what everybody rates this movie and the DC. I predict a full 2 pts better.

Not to say the BvS, or any Superman film is without its flaws, but I believe, particularly as it pertains to BvS, that the masses are heavily influenced by the opinion of the crowd. I was too, where after seeing a low Rotten Tomatoes grade, I assumed that there had to be at least some validity to the negative reaction. I tried to be optimistic but couldn't help but anticipate a disappointment. It wasn't until I actually watched BvS in theaters, free of talkative company spewing negative remarks, that I found myself pleasantly surprised.

I enjoyed the film. I've watched about 2/3 of the Ultimate Edition, which I've enjoyed too. The film has its issues, plot holes, etc. but so do many superhero films, including the beloved ones. In my opinion, people tend to overlook plot holes and flaws in films that have been reviewed favorably. For as successful as the MCU has been in totality, including the hits: Avengers, Captain America Civil War, etc. those films are littered with issues too. But if they're universally accepted as "good flicks", people flock to them, enjoy the good and discard/forget about the bad.

The article touches on some good points though. After seeing so many iterations of Superman, it's harder for some people to get psyched up for "Version 3." Seeing characters like Deadpool (I'm not even counting the Wolverine version), Wonder Woman, for the first time can be thrilling so long as they're not done horribly. It's fresh, it's new and we like new. No matter how you attempt to reinvent Superman, he's not new. To that end, it's understandable to see greater success with fresh material. That doesn't necessarily make it better, but it can make it more marketable.

I'm just one person but when watching BvS, I found Cavill's Superman to be very "cool." He wasn't stale, he wasn't lame, he wasn't unrelatable. Contrary to majority opinion, I feel that the film did a good job of making us relate to and care about the Clark Kent/Superman character.

But knowing I'm in the minority with that take, it's difficult to share my enthusiasm. If 9 out of 10 people shared my opinion, it could lead to lengthy, fun fanboy discussions. But since most don't, it's far easier to gravitate towards the imperfections, towards the negative. And given the plot hole-ridden nature of superhero films, it's really, really easy to harp on the flaws if given a platform.

There are imperfections with the beloved Chrostopher Reeve interpretation of the character, but when majority opinion dictates one version to be a favorite, you're not provided with the same kind of platform to gossip. That platform exists, more so, to appreciate what the filmmakers and actors got "right."

At the end of the day, while many are not phased one way or the other by mass opinion, it does have an impact. That impact is capable of shifting opinions in either direction.

I think the writer's argument falls apart when one considers the Batman movie franchise. The 1960s TV show plus the weak-to-average Batman films with three different actors (Keaton; Kilmer; Clooney) left one wondering whether Batman could ever really work on film, and then the DK trilogy put all of that to rest. At the end of the day, without a great director portraying the character(s) and the mythology correctly, we have seen so many CB movies fall apart time and again. Superman as a character is not the issue -- it's the person in the director chair that matters. There is an entire generation of viewers that never saw and don't care to see the 1978 or 2007 Superman franchise films, and so they (unlike us older guys) start with 2013's MOS as their frame of reference.

I want to see B v S, so I figured I'd start with Man of Steel since I never saw that and wow.

Is B v S believed to be worse than MoS because I really really dislike mos and can't imagine something worse. I agree that the director was not a good choice for this. I yhink the actors were doing what they where told so I can't blame them. I can't help but compare it to my memories of the OG superman 2. Thank god they didn't use the SM rheme song on the new one. Everyone acts like a self absorved non believable unnatural character in mos...

So serious.... I felt like the director thought that since hes making a superhero movie it doesnt have to be a good movie first....

I want to see B v S, so I figured I'd start with Man of Steel since I never saw that and wow.

Is B v S believed to be worse than MoS because I really really dislike mos and can't imagine something worse. I agree that the director was not a good choice for this. I yhink the actors were doing what they where told so I can't blame them. I can't help but compare it to my memories of the OG superman 2. Thank god they didn't use the SM rheme song on the new one. Everyone acts like a self absorved non believable unnatural character in mos...

So serious.... I felt like the director thought that since hes making a superhero movie it doesnt have to be a good movie first....

My advice... stick to Marvel movies.

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

BAT VS SUP NABS AWARDS

1. Worst Picture of the year

2-Worst Director..Zack the hack

3- Worst actor's two nods here for bat and super

4-Worst supporting actor... a shoe IN Jessie Eiseberg.-luthor

5-Worst Screen combo-bat and super

6-Worst sequel, remake or rip-off..

7- Worst screenplay...s sure winner

Yes THE RAZZIES HAVE SPOKEN.

Zoolander 2 had 9...bat v super 8 the top two...for the year....winner