• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

I posted this on preheat, but since the raws are now listed at $15-20 (or $5-7 for the slowpokes), I think this is relevant. I tried bidding on this because I happen to like the cover, but it quickly got out of control. No, I didn't end up winning. People seem to have a lot of faith in Riri Williams... hoping for the X-23 / Kamala Khan effect I'm sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322161781347

Edited by ahsieh

I posted this on preheat, but since the raws are now listed at $15-20 (or $5-7 for the slowpokes), I think this is relevant. I tried bidding on this because I happen to like the cover, but it quickly got out of control. No, I didn't end up winning. People seem to have a lot of faith in Riri Williams... hoping for the X-23 / Kamala Khan effect I'm sure.

It appears issue #7 is a last page cameo unless something was missed. Issue #9 features her in costume on the cover and both in and out of costume on a couple of pages inside of the book. She is mentioned by name in issue #9 also so this looks to be a more apt comparison to CM #17 than #7 for the cover appearance. Is she in any other pages other than this in issues #7 though #9 ?

It appears issue #7 is a last page cameo unless something was missed. Issue #9 features her in costume on the cover and both in and out of costume on a couple of pages inside of the book. She is mentioned by name in issue #9 also so this looks to be a more apt comparison to CM #17 than #7 for the cover appearance. Is she in any other pages other than this in issues #7 though #9 ?

Yeah but nobody will care about 9

You're probably right. It just occurred to me that this would be opposite of most modern hot books though some cameos have recently been getting attention. If a person were inclined to spend that kind of money on a cameo of a new character, what might this be worth ?

1st James Rhodes CGC 9.8

While not a modern, certainly relevant to the discussion don't you think ?

You're probably right. It just occurred to me that this would be opposite of most modern hot books though some cameos have recently been getting attention. If a person were inclined to spend that kind of money on a cameo of a new character, what might this be worth ?

1st James Rhodes CGC 9.8

People buying and selling these books don't read the interiors. You have people paying good money for interior panels depicting disembodied forearms and photographs partially revealing a character because the most miniscule first appearance can be deemed THE BOOK to have. Issue 7 has the full hype machine behind it now, no coming back from that. Issue 9 has no push from anywhere on the Internet. It doesn't have blog posts talking about it. Or YouTube videos showing it. It isn't seen in any recent purchase pictures nor mentioned in any universe wikia. And there is no ratio variant to chase. So that's that. But issue 7 has that oh so desirable "low print" second printing that collectors these days just have to have. A fine replacement for the lack of an existing incentive variant. And here we are.

1st James Rhodes CGC 9.8

People buying and selling these books don't read the interiors. You have people paying good money for interior panels depicting disembodied forearms and photographs partially revealing a character because the most miniscule first appearance can be deemed THE BOOK to have. Issue 7 has the full hype machine behind it now, no coming back from that. Issue 9 has no push from anywhere on the Internet. It doesn't have blog posts talking about it. Or YouTube videos showing it. It isn't seen in any recent purchase pictures nor mentioned in any universe wikia. And there is no ratio variant to chase. So that's that. But issue 7 has that oh so desirable "low print" second printing that collectors these days just have to have. A fine replacement for the lack of an existing incentive variant. And here we are.

Ever read any Bizarro books ? :roflmao:

1st James Rhodes CGC 9.8

Not really. You're link is to a Bronze age 9.8. Books that were released well before "tombing". Today people submit for their tombing the minute they have it in hand, never to be relegated to a long box for potential damage.

I'm still waiting, and looking at many many B&N in NJ area and even Staten Island once, for Batman Superman 32!

They were on shelves in the DC area about three weeks ago. Either your B&N is slow or somebody picked them all off.

1st James Rhodes CGC 9.8

Not really. You're link is to a Bronze age 9.8. Books that were released well before "tombing". Today people submit for their tombing the minute they have it in hand, never to be relegated to a long box for potential damage.

I'm playing devil's advocate.

The relevance was in the character styling if not characterization itself. The fact that one of these books is a tough find 9.8 while the other will be very easy to obtain. Mix that with the fact that at some point, people will read the books and go "oops!". lol

People paying over half for a book with a spec character who may or may not be of long term significance, will probably end their purchase by regretting paying that much relative to the original character who appears in Marvel movies. The character probably is worth watching but even then, people should open up the book and see for themselves what they're buying.

Uncanny Inhumans #11 1:25 Variant moving at $100 - $150. Last published print run was on #9 at ~25,000.

Why are people buying this for so much?

All aboard the hype machine! Premier of new character, Mosaic, who will be getting his own book this fall.

Uncanny Inhumans #11 1:25 Variant moving at $100 - $150. Last published print run was on #9 at ~25,000.

Why are people buying this for so much?

First appearance of a new character that is getting his own title this fall. Also, low print run (for a Marvel title), last documented print run was 25,000.