• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
45 45

17,941 posts in this topic

No scans of GA books in the modified new CGC case holders?

Just asking since I have not yet seen a single scan anywhere of a GA book in the new case. I am wondering how the larger thicker books would fit into this case or would their be issues with the sizing of the book to the inner well and finally to the outer case. ???

Just asking since I have not yet seen a single scan anywhere of a GA book in the new case. I am wondering how the larger thicker books would fit into this case or would their be issues with the sizing of the book to the inner well and finally to the outer case. ???

There were some scans and discussions but they probably 'disappeared'.

There were some scans and discussions but they probably 'disappeared'.

No, not referring to the damaged wavy GA books which were encased in the bad new holder as we saw lots of those.

I am referring to the latest new case holder with the inner well which is supposed to do away with both the Newton rings and the waviness. I have seen lots of books in these latest modified case holders, but to this point in time, not a single one from the GA with the larger and thicker books. hm

First of two posts of what I just got in this week. I submitted these back at ECCC in March.

Sorry for the bad pictures, the slabs won't fit all the way in my scanner.

Amazing Spider-Man #175

Peter Parker #27 & 28 - 1st Miller DDs

Marvila la Mujer Maravilla #20

I knew the WW would grade low, but I really wanted to have it in a slab. The paper and cover of this book are almost like bad newsprint, and super thin.

163266.jpg.23e808db787728169f3e4b8be846e4c4.jpg

163267.jpg.67c576beff8f54efb4519faf4d0f663f.jpg

163268.jpg.bf9c549b9b0d9a642c586e1bbf9519f7.jpg

163269.jpg.9b8a3e5407d33e3eee85b99604766743.jpg

And the second post of what I just got in, and a few comments.....

Marvila la Mujer Maravilla #21

Al Capp's Dogpatch Comics #2

Flash Gordon #2 - from the UK

Superman und Batman #17 - German version of 1st Batgirl

Okay, so maybe weird comments.

The Batgirl I submitted was published by "Ehapa" and CGC clearly prints that on the labels. Now the two WWs came back with "DC" as the publisher, but they have a "EN" in the corner of the book. I actually don't even remember them listing "DC" anywhere inside the books at all. And they actually misspelled "Spanish" on the labels of each.

Also the name CGC used for the label of the Batgirl is "Superman", but the comic is actually "Superman und Batman". So that's a tiny bit odd.

Then what was off was the "Flash Gordon" comic. They printed "no date" on the label, but I clearly remember seeing the date on the inside of the book in Roman numerals and it being from the 1950s.

Is this a common occurrence?

163270.jpg.d0473cb9222f89fc60810a4d3b951052.jpg

163271.jpg.ee9dfb9cee57d5fda1f76a7733730d62.jpg

163272.jpg.bfb1de427c64c8d760ac476aba388c91.jpg

163273.jpg.40d69696afb3d5844e76492f05454a69.jpg

Edited by SciFiWasabi

Anyone else get in books recently that exhibited terrible newton ring effects? It looks like the shipment I got in today was in the last batch of the "problem" holders. Really frustrating. Good news is I see no signs of waviness.

Anyone else get in books recently that exhibited terrible newton ring effects? It looks like the shipment I got in today was in the last batch of the "problem" holders. Really frustrating. Good news is I see no signs of waviness.

I was in the same boat as you last week. Call or email them and they'll get you squared away if you want the books reholdered.

I was in the same boat as you last week. Call or email them and they'll get you squared away if you want the books reholdered.

The new holders with inner wells are showing a lot of the newton effect?

The new holders with inner wells are showing a lot of the newton effect?

For me, they didn't have inner wells. Received them a few days after the CGC announcement :(