• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE (11/17/17)
5 5

2,041 posts in this topic

Justice League: Who Is Steppenwolf?

steppenwolf-182258.jpg

Steppenwolf was the brother of Heggra and commander of Apokolips's military during both her reign and that of her husband Yuga Khan.

Her son, Darkseid, sent Steppenwolf to New Genesis, where he killed Izaya's wife. Izaya, in revenge, killed him in the ensuing war between the two planets. However, he was resurrected, and Darkseid once again put him command of the military.

In the pre-Flashpoint DC Universe, Steppenwolf was ultimately killed on Earth by the Terror Titans as part of a tie-in to Final Crisis.

In the post-Flashpoint DC Universe, Steppenwolf's first appearance on the main Earth was in the recently-concluded Darkseid War storyline, which saw the forces of Apokolips battling the Anti-Monitor. Before that, though, Steppenwolf was notorious on Earth-2.

Steppenwolf led an army against Earth in the name of Darkseid during the Apokolips War, killed Wonder Woman and Superman during their last ditch attack against him. He was, however, turned back after Batman sacrificed his life to send all of Steppenwolf's Parademons back through Boom Tubes.

Steppenwolf later took control of the small country of Dherain after killing their king and set up plans to conquer the world. Steppenwolf was later killed by Brutaal moments after defeating the World Army and declaring himself master of Earth, independent of Darkseid.

J.K. Simmons Weighs In On Why JUSTICE LEAGUE's Commissioner Gordon Is So Jacked

COMMISSIONER_GORDON_dc_animated_universe.jpg

Making it clear that he's been in great shape for some time now, Simmons clarified that his incredible physique won't come into play in Justice League. "This is all coincidental," he confirmed. "After the second and final time that I got hugely fat in my life and when I lost that weight six or seven years ago, I pretty much decided that I was going to stay in decent shape for the rest of my life."

"I was not in good shape at all," the Oscar winner continued. "I was overweight and soft and here I am playing the head of the Aryan Brotherhood in this maximum-security prison in the first-ever HBO original drama and I was watching the first season when it came out and I just thought, 'Wow, I don't believe this guy at all. I have to get my to the gym and be a believable hard-.'"

As for how his bulging biceps could affect Gordon, he added, "I'm not going to mess with something that iconic."

:applause:

More Accurate Take On Ezra Miller's The Flash Costume From Justice League

Last week, BossLogic, an independent graphic designer took into account all the descriptions he had heard of Ezra Miller's Flash costume as it appeared on the Justice League set and made his vision into a graphic. The original effort, I can tell you, was not very close to what Justice League's Flash would look like.

However, a new design from the same artist is much more accurate. It is not without differences but, of every comic panel, video game capture, or artist design sent my way in the past couple of weeks, this is the closest looking design I've seen to the one set for unveiling in 2017 (or maybe at San Diego Comic Con in a few weeks).

CN4wpuD.jpg

Does Jared Leto's Joker Make An Appearance In Justice League?

joker-justiceleague-188598.png

Some people are speculating that The Joker may appear in Justice League because on Wednesday, Jared Leto arrived in London, and seeing as though the capital of England is only a mere 20 miles from Warner Bros. Studios, Leavesden, where Justice League is currently being filmed, its seems reasonable to believe the Suicide Squad star may have dropped in to film a scene. If he did, it must've been a brief cameo as Leto was spotted arriving in Los Angeles by the end of the day.

Justice League's J.K. Simmons Wants To Show Badass Side Of Commissioner Gordon

simmons-173068-187934.jpg

In an interview with EW, the actor shared what he hopes to bring to the role. An often overlooked aspect is just how Gordon has lasted this long in a place like Gotham when Batman isn't around, and it's something Simmons hopes to illustrate with his take on the character.

“People of my generation remember Commissioner Gordon as this jolly, ineffectual Santa Claus type, and I think over the years in the comics there’s definitely much more of a badass side to him,” Simmons explains. “One of the things that’s interesting to me is investigating hopefully a little bit more of that badass [side]…You’re living in a universe where it’s pretty tough to be a badass compared to somebody like Batman, but in the universe of non-superheroes I like the idea of Commissioner Gordon as a guy that can take care of himself, a guy that’s a real partner to Batman, not just a guy that turns on the bat signal and goes, ‘Help! Help, Batman!’”

Willem Dafoe On JUSTICE LEAGUE And How His Role In Sam Raimi's SPIDER-MAN Helped His Career

17n8vB1.png

The recent Justice League set reports confirmed that Dafoe would be playing an Atlantean named Vulko in the movie, but unfortunately the actor isn't interested in discussing anything related to his role.

"She looks good. (Laughs) I don’t want to talk about that. I’ve got so many movies to talk about. I’ll let them orchestrate the publicity on that movie. I’m happy to be a part of it and when it comes out I’ll be talking about it ad nausea. I shot part of it and I’ll go back and shoot some more. This is a DC Comics ‘Justice League’ movie. Which is shooting now. Too soon to talk about."

Dafoe goes on to state that his role as the Green Goblin in Sam Raimi's first Spider-Man movie "helped terrifically" in boosting his career.

"It’s more possible to make a personal, integrated film at a lower budget because you are responsible to less people to explain to them what it is. You don’t have to be so careful and so calculating. For a bigger budget you can make a more personal film, but it’s more difficult because you have to pay off the investment so you have to have it appeal to a lot of people. So, generally, I think I’m less involved in that because I think movies as their best really challenge how we think."

"She looks good. (Laughs) I don’t want to talk about that. I’ve got so many movies to talk about. I’ll let them orchestrate the publicity on that movie. I’m happy to be a part of it and when it comes out I’ll be talking about it ad nausea. I shot part of it and I’ll go back and shoot some more. This is a DC Comics ‘Justice League’ movie. Which is shooting now. Too soon to talk about."

Willem Dafoe coyly avoids discussing his bit part in the forthcoming Justice League movie... ;)

Willem Dafoe coyly avoids discussing his bit part in the forthcoming Justice League movie... ;)

He is Mister Cool. Even in a dress.

willem-dafoe-snickers-hed-2016.jpg

Welsh Actor Julian Lewis Jones Lands Mysterious Role In JUSTICE LEAGUE

Julian_Lewis_Jones.jpg

Julian Lewis Jones has revealed in an interview with Wales Online that he's landed a role in Justice League. "I’m not allowed to say yet what part I play but let’s just say I’ve a role in what will likely be the most expensive film ever made," he tells the site.

"It was filmed at Warner Brother’s studio at Leavesden as well as at various locations around the UK and Iceland," he continued. "Directed by Zack Snyder it stars Ben Affleck, Jeremy Irons and host of A-list actors. I’m just happy to have been involved and I’m looking forward to the movie’s release which will be next year." The fact that the actor has shot both on set and on location definitely points to him having a relatively noteworthy role, but that's really the only clue he offers in this interview.

Steppenwolf?

He is Mister Cool. Even in a dress.

willem-dafoe-snickers-hed-2016.jpg

Martha Martha Martha! Either Martha Wayne or Martha Kent. Edited by Hawkman