• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men: Apocalypse set for May 27, 2016

1,618 posts in this topic

This movie was a big borefest, You sit there for 2 21/2 hours waiting for something happen and it never does, None of these characters really did anything. The same writer that wrote the Fantastic Four movie also wrote this, Big Red Flag, Glad I found $10 on the side of the road, I took at and saw this. I might has of well thrown that $10 bill and threw it in the waste basket where I found it.

i enjoyed it. But then again im not an a-hole who critiques every little thing in the world.

I'm the semi-bored a-hole somewhere in between these two opinions.

I did only pay $5.75 at matinee and smuggled my own hot tamales in.....

Some of my thoughts...

Give me more Danger Room, I mean it's every bit as cool as Cerebro, and at the least is a protype model for the things like the holodeck isn't it?

Speaking of Cerebro, so Charles searches the world for disturbance and then sees Moira but not the level 5 mutant 200 feet below her??

Ok so in 10,000 years nobody ever left the door open to let sunlight in to burial chamber.....

I was disappointed in the extent of, or the showing of Apocalypse' powers.

He also was too short!

Would have been better to explain alien technology link in Apocalypse' transference machine

They nailed casting Psylocke!!

Gimme more Quicksilver...

F#bomb was forced and gratuitous

I think there's a lethal combination of Hot Tamales and Twizzlers Filled that ensures constipation

X Men: Apocalypse Concept Art Of Apocalypse

LJFWf2r.png

Professional conceptual artist Jerad S. Marantz (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America: Civil War) has updated his official websites with X Men: Apocalypse concept art created of the title character.

"Early costume concept art for Apocalypse for X Men: Apocalypse for costume designer Louise Mingenbach. This guy was on my bucket list," wrote Marantz. He's one of my all time favorite Marvel villains."

I do have to admit, that design would have really put me over the top with the film. Especially if they went with the size difference as well to make him even more intimidating.

You really liked this film?

I agree. I thought it was God awful. Good parts, yes but overall my least favorite comic book movie post 2007. The biggest hump to get over:

tumblr_inline_nrmwe71VwU1sl6jqt_500.jpg

:pullhair:

He did not look that purple in the movie.

But he looked just as derpy. :insane:

I agree. I thought it was God awful. Good parts, yes but overall my least favorite comic book movie post 2007. The biggest hump to get over:

Granted, I feel like his pupils should have been whited out more. He looked a little too cute for my liking sometimes.

I believe Nick posted another concept costume design for Apocalypse much earlier in this thread and it was like the comic book came to life. That's what I would have preferred and I'm not sure why they opted for the more human look.

Granted, I feel like his pupils should have been whited out more. He looked a little too cute for my liking sometimes.

I believe Nick posted another concept costume design for Apocalypse much earlier in this thread and it was like the comic book came to life. That's what I would have preferred and I'm not sure why they opted for the more human look.

I've stopped trying to guess the reasoning of why they change the things they do in the X movies.

But yeah. That concept art was awesome.

You prefer the Liefeld version? I prefer the movie version.

Apocmessiahwar1.png

What? You don't like purple? lol

What? You don't like purple? lol

I adore purple. It's one of my favourite colours.

I don't think Apocalypse should be purple. :foryou:

Apocalypse finally broke 3.0 at the worldwide box office, and it is definitely the international box office that is keeping it moving forward when compared to the last few years of movies.

PgdKo1W.png

mC1F0aQ.png

Out of all the X-Franchise films, it is the highest international contribution out of all the movies.

Apocalypse finally broke 3.0 at the worldwide box office, and it is definitely the international box office that is keeping it moving forward when compared to the last few years of movies.

PgdKo1W.png

mC1F0aQ.png

Out of all the X-Franchise films, it is the highest international contribution out of all the movies.

if you round up it "broke 3.0". if you do the actual math, $178MM X 3 = $534MM

Apocalypse achieved $118,689,032 at the Chinese box office, which was a big help in hitting the higher numbers. Now it is another waiting game for the Japanese box office results.

OK8KPtd.png

xrTIJW7.png

Remaining release dates:

Japan - 11 August 2016