• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
38 38

11,720 posts in this topic

That book has been both hot and under the radar for a while now. You can still pick it up cheap, but mid to high-grade fetches good money. (two of those sales are mine). :)

I buy this book in any grade I can find it if it isn't marked up yet.

High grade is a nightmare.

Yea, any of those square bound. Try and find a nice copy of Fantastic Four King Size #6.

Incredible Hulk Annual #6 is getting some love on today's news. Last NM copy to sell was a slabbed 9.6 back in March for ~$35.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INCREDIBLE-HULK-ANNUAL-6-FIRST-PARAGON-WARLOCK-COCOON-1977-/311624335326?hash=item488e41ffde:g:uGUAAOSwepZXTfPq

doh! Should've held.

My 9.8 only sold for $90 at auction a couple months back after trying to get substantially more on the Clink exchange. It was only one of 2 on the census I believe. Ouch! Should have left it on the exchange. I had a feeling it would be relevant with all the Warlock buzz.

dumb*ss

You can't win em all. I sold a raw Batman 251 on the boards several years back. I graded it at 9.0. The person who bought it slabbed it and it came back 9.6. :tonofbricks: Do you know what a 9.6 Batman 251 goes for these days?

Also sold my Iron Man 55 before it went bonkers. Ah well, que sera sera

When my wife decided we were getting a house, I sold a Batman 251 CGC 9.6 and an IM 55 CGC 9.4 to defray the moving costs well before those books really blew up, so I feel your pain :cry:

:devil: I still have my Iron Man 55.

(thumbs u

Captain America #310 was a few bucks couple weeks back, all of them bought up.

Any reason why?

:gossip:Copper Age btw.

My bad threw it over there, all I can guess is there reprinting Serpent Societys origin in the next couple months, maybe folks are hedging their bets thinking a new series or movie is coming.

Edited by Grahf

Captain America #310 was a few bucks couple weeks back, all of them bought up.

Any reason why?

:gossip:Copper Age btw.

My bad threw it over there, all I can guess is there reprinting Serpent Societys origin in the next couple months, maybe folks are hedging their bets thinking a new series or movie is coming.

I'm guessing it's because people have no idea what they are buying.

Marvel's Luke Cage set photos of Diamondback

1st Diamondback in Captain America #310 (2nd Diamondback)

Rachel_Leighton_Earth-616_from_Captain_America_Sam_Wilson_Vol_1_4_001_zpsvsywq5hh.jpg

I was thinking the same thing: the Luke Cage villain first appears in Hero for Hire # 1. People are probably mixing up the two characters because of them sharing the same name.

Edited by ecgt

And....not long after my post about Comic Book Scalping, all reference to Captain America # 310 was removed from the link...

For those of you who didn't see the post before it was removed, the site was pumping Captain America # 310 as the 1st appearance of Diamondback, unaware of the conflation of two different characters.

And....not long after my post about Comic Book Scalping, all reference to Captain America # 310 was removed from the link...

For those of you who didn't see the post before it was removed, the site was pumping Captain America # 310 as the 1st appearance of Diamondback, unaware of the conflation of two different characters.

"Comicbookscalping" is a board member with the former name "Jimmy Linguini"...which is now "Comicbookscalping."

Lots of misinformation on the internet, not enough research, knowledge, and experience.

It's like 1992 in the comics market all over again.

Perhaps this is symptomatic of a larger problem with how a vocal minority of people try to speculate on comics without ever reading them? I really don't feel bad for the people who fell for it (as they obviously got caught up in momentary hype), but the Linguini's of the world are culpable here. He should admit the mistake on his website rather than making the post disappear. He'd have more credibility that way.

Edited by ecgt

And Comic Book Scalping is promoting Captain America # 310 as the 1st appearance of the Luke Cage Diamondback. Misinformation abounds:

https://comicbookscalping.com/2016/07/18/hollyweird-before-sdcc/

It's kinda hard to maintain accuracy through clouds of pot smoke

Perhaps this is symptomatic of a larger problem with how a vocal minority of people try to speculate on comics without ever reading them? I really don't feel bad for the people who fell for it (as they obviously got caught up in momentary hype), but the Linguini's of the world are culpable here. He should admit the mistake on his website rather than making the post disappear. He'd have more credibility that way.

Yes, Lesson #1. (But they'll still rake you thought the coals . . . ) lol

Oh yea, like the Owner of these boards did, right?