• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,840 posts in this topic

There's a local out here selling a comic collection. It's all the ridiculous 90's , and of course he wants $400 for 50 comics.

One of them is an issue of RAW though. I offered him $40 just for that, he said no, he wants to sell it as a lot. He's been trying for months

Right after I posted this I decided to check Craigslist again. Same guy just reposted his ad hours before I looked, so I sent him another message saying I don't collect super hero comics but am interested in the Raw. He asked how much, I said $30, he said okay. So I start heading to the ATM and he said he found another issue, I asked if he would do both for $50, he said sure. I get there and he has a small stack of cool stuff not in his ad. I also picked up a circus program for $10, might have overpaid, but I got these Raw mags for a great bargain so I don't care. They're in much better condition than I had expected and still have the MAUS inserts attached. Might be back for more stuff in his cool pile later too.

Here's what I got for $60

yJyPPPEh.jpg

fYXHNwmh.jpg

GOSPwinh.jpg

teuptGfh.jpg

oIaKdPUh.jpg

The circus thing is pretty cool and has a bunch of reproductions of old timey posters inside. I'll have to look into it, might be worth something, if not the posters are going to make cool gifts this Christmas. EDIT: Just checked, two sold recently. One for $20 and one for $3, mine's more comparable to the $3 one lol

Edited by dupont2005

Yesterday..... :acclaim:

image_zps9e8strwg.jpeg

Awesome. That's great stuff right there. Any complete out of that?

Many complete, lots of parts too. I need to double check against others to be sure. The 1983 pistol I know I am missing part of the barrel :cry:

There's a local out here selling a comic collection. It's all the ridiculous 90's , and of course he wants $400 for 50 comics.

One of them is an issue of RAW though. I offered him $40 just for that, he said no, he wants to sell it as a lot. He's been trying for months

Right after I posted this I decided to check Craigslist again. Same guy just reposted his ad hours before I looked, so I sent him another message saying I don't collect super hero comics but am interested in the Raw. He asked how much, I said $30, he said okay. So I start heading to the ATM and he said he found another issue, I asked if he would do both for $50, he said sure. I get there and he has a small stack of cool stuff not in his ad. I also picked up a circus program for $10, might have overpaid, but I got these Raw mags for a great bargain so I don't care. They're in much better condition than I had expected and still have the MAUS inserts attached. Might be back for more stuff in his cool pile later too.

Here's what I got for $60

yJyPPPEh.jpg

fYXHNwmh.jpg

GOSPwinh.jpg

teuptGfh.jpg

oIaKdPUh.jpg

The circus thing is pretty cool and has a bunch of reproductions of old timey posters inside. I'll have to look into it, might be worth something, if not the posters are going to make cool gifts this Christmas. EDIT: Just checked, two sold recently. One for $20 and one for $3, mine's more comparable to the $3 one lol

Raws - very cool stuff.

Nice haul!

doh! On the X-23 variant cover - I sold half a dozen of these super cheap 2 years ago...I should've held onto them

Some of my other recent pickups. All out of dollar or 50 cent bins.

27D2FD68-15B8-4247-A779-EAB1E86AC166_zpspemeo5ih.jpg

071214BE-87BE-4E51-B888-3BE8707079EC_zps4wgfk6ht.jpg

C3AFD2E8-5F05-40CA-8BE7-1224ED4C3CCD_zps5wd8jfdp.jpg

14C124A0-9616-4FF9-B0C7-462B8BF184FB_zpsx1tmzr4c.jpg

Nothing earth-shattering. But a lot of $5-$20 books mixed in there. And I picked up the whole run of Agent X for $12. Nothing special, but it was a 1-stop-shoping to pick up a whole run that was on my shopping list to eventually get. And that X-23 variant seems to be gaining some steam. I already had 1 but for 50 cents, I couldn't say no.

Last weekend's score. A Wolvie 66 4th print, 2nd print of 654,596, 1st print 568, 592, X-23 1 shot and a bunch of JC Penny variants/ Forgot to photograph the Firestorm #61 DC Test Variant that I picked up as well. (Most books were 1/2 price)

163241.jpg.bd41e4770599afa897e21ec78befa021.jpg

Edited by Bellrules1

Last weekend's score. A Wolvie 66 4th print, 2nd print of 654,596, 1st print 568, 592, X-23 1 shot and a bunch of JC Penny variants/ Forgot to photograph the Firestorm #61 DC Test Variant that I picked up as well. (Most books were 1/2 price)

I need that Darkhawk #5 variant. Send me a PM if you're interested in selling.

Last Friday I went to an estate sale after work that had comics listed in their add. I am glad I went because I picked up some nice books, but when I talked to the guy he said there were people there when it first opened in the day that bought a lot of books, so I could just imagine what they had because they pretty much had a full new mutants run as well as old x-men and fantastic four books. Pretty solid for $17

29pqa9s.jpg

106lylk.jpg

Then on Sat I hit the flea market early in the morning and hit it lucky. I was doubling back on my way out to check out a vendor that was not completely set up yet and noticed another one put out a crate of books. I was surprised at what I found in the crate and for only $15

1z18yyt.jpg

The kid on the cover of that Blip magazine looks like Albert from little house on the prairie

You're correct. The kid on the cover of Blip #1 is Matthew Laborteaux, who played Albert on LHOTP.

Saw an ad for Star Wars and GI Joe figures at a local yard sale. I went a little late and didn't see any in the boxes on the driveway. I asked the guy there if he had any left, and was told what we got is what we got. So I looked again...nothing. Then another guy asked what I was looking for. I said the ad mentioned Star Wars and GI Joe. He says yup, I have a lot of that inside. He wasn't lying. He had stuff all other the place. He said to take few pictures and call later with an offer. I thought about it all day and eventually texted an amount I really didn't think he'd take. But he did. I went right over and the haul filled the back seat of my car.

First three pics are just all the stuff in a pile. The last two pics are a little more organized. There is an entire shoebox of G1 Transformers. A Metroplex in the box, mostly complete. Bags and bags of accessories. A ton of GI Joe vehicles with boxes. A six inch tall stack of filecards, instructions, stickers, and other inserts.

If anyone is interested, I can post more pics as I sort through the boxes.

YardSale-2016-07-02-toys-a-thumb.jpg

YardSale-2016-07-02-toys-b-thumb.jpg

YardSale-2016-07-02-toys-c-thumb.jpg

YardSale-2016-07-02-toys-d-thumb.jpg

YardSale-2016-07-02-toys-e-thumb.jpg