• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

It still doesn't seem like there are that many. The numbers don't look like they have been updated in the census yet. It also could be people were waiting to get theirs graded because the case issues. Only time will tell.

If you're talking about the black panther sketch, the book was still only selling for $200 in April, so the current census numbers are still meaningless.

And anecdotally , every person I know of with a copy has it in multiples.

-J.

I wonder why sales still seems sparse. It would seem right now would be the time to sell if you have multiple copies. Unless everyone is still getting their multiple copies graded.

Many copies have changed hands on eBay over the last few months already and now the slabs are starting to hit.

The book is either being spec'd, hoarded or both.

-J.

if you got another copy you're looking to cash & trade, let me know :baiting:

Don't think I will be selling it since it's my only copy now.

Couldn't hurt to prod a little. Great book.

Of course. If I ever do it will be on this board.

It still doesn't seem like there are that many. The numbers don't look like they have been updated in the census yet. It also could be people were waiting to get theirs graded because the case issues. Only time will tell.

How long does it take for CGC to update the census? I don't think my 9.8 copy that I received today is on there yet.

How long does it take for CGC to update the census? I don't think my 9.8 copy that I received today is on there yet.

It depends on how you submitted it. Three new copies (2, 9.8's) just got added this week.

-J.

It depends on how you submitted it. Three new copies (2, 9.8's) just got added this week.

-J.

Thanks J. My 9.8 is reflected on the census. (thumbs u

I'm a little surprised the BP #1 is still at $2K, but with the other copies floating around, maybe not so much lol

:popcorn:

Jerome

Not me, fin at 2400$ think 1200$ down from last 9.8 sold, don't think the next one will hit 2k but who knows (shrug)

Will be down around 1k in a year :wishluck:

2 9.8 sales within the last 3 weeks is a small sample size. Need to see what happens to the census #s for 9.8s .

If 9.8s hit the market within the next few weeks, doubt it will replicate the last two sales. However, if we go months or a year without seeing, one possibly. Who knows at this point.

Yeah. I know there is a boardie here that got his two copies signed and submitted for grading recently. Not sure if he is flipping his copies.

I'll be keeping one of them for sure, since I collect Campbell covers... probably try and trade the other for a Campbell cover I don't have...

OHOH pre-sellers not going to like this

Shipping Schedule

Fulfillment of Amazing Spider-Man vol 4 #15 featuring MJ 'Iron Jane' will begin next Friday (July 15).

The shipment of exclusives did not leave the supplier's warehouse on the expected date. As a result, fulfillment of ASM #15 orders has been delayed by a week.

OHOH pre-sellers not going to like this

Shipping Schedule

Fulfillment of Amazing Spider-Man vol 4 #15 featuring MJ 'Iron Jane' will begin next Friday (July 15).

The shipment of exclusives did not leave the supplier's warehouse on the expected date. As a result, fulfillment of ASM #15 orders has been delayed by a week.

I was waiting for my Betty and Veronica exclusives anyway.