• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Doctor Strange Movie Thread

1,320 posts in this topic

I heard that Marvel is only rolling out racist stereotypes in Phase 5.....so you may have to wait a bit to see Kingfish vs. the Harlem Globetrotters along with Amos & Andy vs. Hong Kong Phooey.

I get that the screenwriter said that. My point is that his statement may or may not be true. It could be an excuse to keep the real reason from coming out, or some kind of spin doctoring to court the Chinese market. There could be an even stupider reason than we could surmise. It could have been done for all the PC reasons that folks were gnashing their teeth about earlier.

It's Hollywood. I don't really trust anything that makes it out as an "explanation" anymore.

.... so true....

and they may be doing it just to stir up controversy, the cheapest PR that money can buy. I'm still looking forward to the movie..... and Swinton does have some chops. I'll try to be open minded about Tilda Wan Kenobi .............. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

First DOCTOR STRANGE Merch Offers New Look At Benedict Cumberbatch’s Sorcerer Supreme

There’s just half a year before Marvel’s Sorcerer Supreme finally makes his cinematic debut, and now the first bit of merchandise has emerged in anticipation of the Doctor Strange film. Here we have a few home goods from licensee Vandor that offer up spellbinding new looks at Benedict Cumberbatch’s titular hero ready to protect the earth from mystic forces of evil.

53kOm5S4.jpg

eM8vMUMR.jpg

VGQAcSDX.jpg

6FhdClAE.jpg

Mads Mikkelsen Says Doctor Strange Will Have A Different Flavor From Other Marvel Movies

mads-drstrange-185912.png

Ever since Doctor Strange was announced, Marvel Studios has promised that the film will show corners of the Marvel Cinematic Universe never before explored. Mads Mikkelsen, who portrays the film's antagonist, believes Marvel has delivered on the promises, though the film won't be as trippy as the comic.

“If you look at the comic books, the comic books are quite different [to other Marvel stories],” Mikkelsen told Yahoo. “I think that the film will be different from the other [Marvel] films that we’ve seen, but not as different as the books are, because that was basically the ‘60s and ‘70s – it was more like an acid trip.”

Even though the trippy-elements have been toned down to appeal the mainstream audience, Mikkelsen believes the film contains the core elements of the comics.

“So you still have the energy, you still have the colours, you still have the madness, but you also have something you can identify with,” he explained. “I think that was a necessity – if not, you would just make a crazy film. But you still have it there – you have all the action, all the good ingredients you get in a Marvel film, but it will have a different flavour, that’s for sure.”

As for his role, which still hasn't been officially revealed, Mikkelsen doesn't view him as a bad guy. “He’s not a villain in that way – he’s a man who believes in something else than the hero,” he said. “That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want to make the planet look wonderful or he wants to save the world as well, but he has a different way of doing it. He is the antagonist, of course, but he’s not necessarily wrong.”

:whee:

Official Description And Images For LEGO's First DOCTOR STRANGE Set Revealed

Stage a face-off against the portal beast in Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum, with levitating function levers and mystical artifacts. Includes 3 minifigures. Banish the portal beast from Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum! Team up and expel the portal beast from Doctor Strange’s mysterious headquarters with some super-heroic supernatural action! Fend it off with Doctor Strange’s mystical artifacts, and evade being captured by the portal beast’s tentacles using the cape of levitation. Send in Karl Mordo to battle the beast with his quarterstaff, and help The Ancient One strike with the powerful magical fans at her fingertips!

Includes 3 minifigures: Doctor Strange, Karl Mordo and The Ancient One. Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum features a portal beast with rotating teeth, moving eyes and tentacles that can trap minifigures, shelves for mystical artifact accessories, levitation effect for 2 minifigures, and levitation function for Doctor Strange’s cloak. Weapons include Karl Mordo’s quarterstaff and The Ancient One’s magical fans with eldritch calligraphy. Accessory elements include Doctor Strange’s cloak of levitation and magical power elements with eldritch calligraphy markings.

27797221626_be71dec5ae_o.jpg

27219449684_c7fa10da53_o.png

Stage a face-off against the portal beast in Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum, with levitating function levers and mystical artifacts. Includes 3 minifigures. Banish the portal beast from Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum! Team up and expel the portal beast from Doctor Strange’s mysterious headquarters with some super-heroic supernatural action! Fend it off with Doctor Strange’s mystical artifacts, and evade being captured by the portal beast’s tentacles using the cape of levitation. Send in Karl Mordo to battle the beast with his quarterstaff, and help The Ancient One strike with the powerful magical fans at her fingertips!

Includes 3 minifigures: Doctor Strange, Karl Mordo and The Ancient One. Doctor Strange’s Sanctum Sanctorum features a portal beast with rotating teeth, moving eyes and tentacles that can trap minifigures, shelves for mystical artifact accessories, levitation effect for 2 minifigures, and levitation function for Doctor Strange’s cloak. Weapons include Karl Mordo’s quarterstaff and The Ancient One’s magical fans with eldritch calligraphy. Accessory elements include Doctor Strange’s cloak of levitation and magical power elements with eldritch calligraphy markings.

This might be the coolest thing I've ever seen....you had me at portal beast with rotating teeth!!!!

This might be the coolest thing I've ever seen....you had me at portal beast with rotating teeth!!!!

Shuma Gorath with teeth?

Benedict Wong Reveals Details About His Role In Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE

img-84.jpg

According to Benedict Wong, it looks as if Marvel Studios will definitely be using the more modern version of the character as inspiration for their film. "I’m certainly not going to be the tea-making manservant. We’re heading in a different direction. He’s more of a drill sergeant.”

However, it looks as if the martial arts element of Wong will be left behind and the character will strictly rely on magic. "There isn’t any martial arts for Wong in Doctor Strange actually, he’s more of a drill sergeant to Kamar-Taj. He’s one of the masters of sorcery."

img-84.jpg

According to Benedict Wong, it looks as if Marvel Studios will definitely be using the more modern version of the character as inspiration for their film. "I’m certainly not going to be the tea-making manservant. We’re heading in a different direction. He’s more of a drill sergeant.

However, it looks as if the martial arts element of Wong will be left behind and the character will strictly rely on magic. "There isn’t any martial arts for Wong in Doctor Strange actually, he’s more of a drill sergeant to Kamar-Taj. He’s one of the masters of sorcery."

My confidence in this movie gets shaken daily.

img-84.jpg

According to Benedict Wong, it looks as if Marvel Studios will definitely be using the more modern version of the character as inspiration for their film. "Im certainly not going to be the tea-making manservant. Were heading in a different direction. Hes more of a drill sergeant.

However, it looks as if the martial arts element of Wong will be left behind and the character will strictly rely on magic. "There isnt any martial arts for Wong in Doctor Strange actually, hes more of a drill sergeant to Kamar-Taj. Hes one of the masters of sorcery."

My confidence in this movie gets shaken daily.

they had a different take on Jarvis and it turned out fine. Ultimately, they really only care about the core 'essence' of the main superheroes. Wong being more magic drill sergeant and less kung fu-man servant won't doesn't really affect who Dr Strange is at his core.

Aunt May being younger doesn't make Spider-man less spider-y. Its just about execution.

Although I guess if you've always been a huge Jarvis/Wong/Aunt May/Rick Jones/Wyatt Wingfoot/Heimdall fan, I can see where you might be disappointed....

Created by Twitter user @BossLogic, the artist uploaded a mind-blowing poster which features an overhead shot of Doctor Strange standing over Manhattan. The poster's background should look familiar as the film’s first trailer featured some Inception-esque skyscraper shots which showed several of New York’s buildings doubling over themselves.

b8I4HVw.png

Mads Mikkelsen Teases The Dark Humor In DOCTOR STRANGE

While promoting his latest film Men and Chicken, star Mads Mikkelsen took a few moments to chat with Digital Spy about his upcoming role in the Scott Derrickson-directed film by sharing a little about the film's humorous side, which the first teaser trailer didn't really touch on.

"You can't bring [the humour] yourself, if it's in the -script you have to sort of lean into the -script that's already there. There is some. My character is not necessarily carrying too much of it but Doctor Strange is." He further explains: "There's a certain darkness in the Doc and a sense of humour in there, absolutely."

Mikkelsen revealed that while his character will undoubtedly appear in CGI-heavy scenes, during filming he mostly dealt with practical effects and stunt work versus anything too reliant on visual effects:

"CGI is not a new thing for me, I've done it in a few movies, This one was not too bad, the CGI was not in direct interaction with me in my scenes, it was more like the backdrops, the landscapes would be slightly different sometimes, but I didn't have to interact with it."