• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four Collecting Thread!
32 32

13,682 posts in this topic

:cloud9:Been waiting awhile for a 9.4 to pop up for sale. Definitely one of my favorite covers.

RADA380F2016318_105039.jpg

That's a beauty

I've been looking for a while myself for one with a good wrap and non indented staples, not always easy to find on this issue

Sorry, this is the book I am talking about. I thought I had it linked to my post above.

Not sure about that, one should ask CGC. I have a Fantastic Four (#36) which was considerably penalized for a dust shadow on the back cover.

Picked up a nice, raw #78 the other day

scan0001_zpsznqbt5gm.jpg

and thanks to Claudio I'll have a nice #86 and a very sweet looking #91 in the near future as well. Aside from a #66 that I still need that really will complete my FF run from 53-111.

I will take you guys' advice and wait for the hype to fade a bit before dropping the serious cash on the 'usual suspects'.

Last one, for now ...

photo image_zpsqghgsvhh.jpg

Love your #46 – it’s been the only one I’d have loved to upgrade but now it’s not the best moment. :)

I like that one too.

27827036495_9b54b99911_b.jpg

Unfortunately, I have a lot of glare on the pic.

The only thing holding it back is a big diagonal crease on the back cover...this thing would be a mylar 7.0! :lol:

That's the one from the recent board sales thread isn't it?

I was eyeing that one up

I'm a raw collector, that thing would look great cracked out

I love love love back cover defects.

The only thing holding it back is a big diagonal crease on the back cover...this thing would be a mylar 7.0! :lol:

That's the one from the recent board sales thread isn't it?

I was eyeing that one up

I'm a raw collector, that thing would look great cracked out

I love love love back cover defects.

Yep, I just couldn't pass it up. I'm the same way.

I had to get rid of my Daredevil #1 to acquire the Hulk #1. The DD1 was a CGC 3.5, but it looked like a 6.0 from the front. It had a long 3-4" tear on the back cover.

That still seems rather harsh to give it only a 5.0

It looks really, really nice. Congrats!

Hello all ... been lurking in this thread for some time. I have been working on completing my FF run, lower grade for good reading and a higher grade, when I can. I will start off my post here with my new higher grade 48 that I am really proud of. It is a beauty in hand, and one of my favorites since I was introduced to the surfer over 40 years ago :)

FF%2048_zpsstdzoax1.jpg

That is a great story. Similar to Challengers of the Unknown #1. Another classic Kirby run. I have the 4 Showcase run and the 1st eight issues of that title also. Wally Wood inks with Kirby . :cloud9: Don't get much better!!

Edited by PUNYHUMAN

Picked up this one on recently as well. Thanks boardie. (thumbs u

FF%2024_zpsppep018b.jpg

:golfclap:

I love this story..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

When I read it first I thought it was absolutely original: the way Lee and Kirby were able to still conjure the "sense of wonder" (and good "ingenuity") of american classic science fiction was amazing, and it was brought forward up to the end of the 1960s. Hyper-futurism and sense of wonder: science and technology's horizon in the Marvel age was not overshadowed by ominous clouds of a sinister tomorrow: even in the "Him" storyline, charged with ethical implications, the worry which would have taken hold of "traditional" science-fiction "growing up" (and dying) did not touch Stan Lee's vision.

I posted in the #1 club, but it seems like this is the place for FF.

I got this on the way!

I hope it doesn't fall apart when I crack it out, because I'm excited to read it for real! (reprints don't count)

28126076411_e0fa90fe45_b.jpg