• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aspen comics honouring Tuners legacy.....maybe NOT (rant)

318 posts in this topic

Hey krighton, I owe you a HUGE thank you sir. When you wrote about putting in one set instead of the limit, I was able to purchase exactly what I wanted.

Its collectors like you that make this site awesome. Even though Im a newer member, I hope someday to return the favor...

Thank you again..........

awesome, glad it worked for you.

Aspen replied on Facebook about the print run on the JLA books. "No higher the 4k total copies" and "the sketch Artist Edition will be in the 1500-2000 print run"

4K total for the color? Since batman was only 4500

Edited by krighton

Aspen replied on Facebook about the print run on the JLA books. "No higher the 4k total copies" and "the sketch Artist Edition will be in the 1500-2000 print run"

4K total for the color?

Person on Facebook asked if the 4k included the sketch. Aspen replied "No, the sketch Artist Edition will be in the 1500-2000 print run range similar to the previous Batman variant, thanks!"

So 4000ish for color

1500-2000 sketch

As a FYI, looks like you can still buy the Color copy of JL 1. Looks like they may have over printed this one... Or maybe people just didn't like the cover?!

they've put in a limit of 1 for what they call the 3rd wave.....they had less than 500 a few hours ago...probably not a lot left.

if you only have the color version, your chances of flipping it are pretty slim. Only ones people seem remotely interested in are the Sketch/Color combo. Probably the least desirable of the Turner covers. If I had only ordered the color version i'd probably go ahead and cancel at Aspen unless it was for my PC.

Edited by krighton

if you only have the color version, your chances of flipping it are pretty slim. Only ones people seem remotely interested in are the Sketch/Color combo. Probably the least desirable of the Turner covers. If I had only ordered the color version i'd probably go ahead and cancel at Aspen unless it was for my PC.

Good advice. How would you cancel? They don't have that option in the account order section. Or did I miss it?

When the book comes out, this one will heat up. Its a turner variant cover, it'll never be worth less than what you can get it for now. If you are looking for a quick flip it may not be worth getting , but given time its sure to go up.

When the book comes out, this one will heat up. Its a turner variant cover, it'll never be worth less than what you can get it for now. If you are looking for a quick flip it may not be worth getting , but given time its sure to go up.

I have a 1:10 Justice League of America Turner variant that I can't give away. (shrug)

Good advice. How would you cancel? They don't have that option in the account order section. Or did I miss it?

I went ahead and logged into my account and clicked the contact tab.

Wrote a message about wanting to cancel with the order # and i saw on my paypal it was refunded within 2 hours of me sending the message.

I went ahead and logged into my account and clicked the contact tab.

Wrote a message about wanting to cancel with the order # and i saw on my paypal it was refunded within 2 hours of me sending the message.

If I just had color copies I would probably do that.....would be very hard to return the sketch variant set.

I believe you should stand behind what you say you are going to do. If you commit to buy something and pay for it. You need to keep it unless there is some defect or damage with the item. Otherwise, why go through the effort to purchase it in the first place?

If you don't mind sharing your eBay ID, I will be sure not to do business with you in the future.

Edited by Kreton

I have a 1:10 Justice League of America Turner variant that I can't give away. (shrug)

also Color appears to be sold out now too

hmmm , well I guess we shall see , but I will take it if your giving it away :devil:

Justice League #1 Aspen Turner Variant & Artist Edition Set SOLD OUT

Justice League #1 Aspen Turner Variant & Artist Edition Set SOLD OUT

$39.99

$29.99

Justice League #1 Aspen Turner Variant SOLD OUT

Justice League #1 Aspen Turner Variant SOLD OUT

$19.99

$14.99

edit : Not posting sold out on the banner yet, maybe just another wave done, but we will have to keep an eye on it

I think you're right Astoria. I'm not a speculator/flipper. I collect for the love of it, the hunt. The art and stories....

I purchased a set and one color...My wife the same....Personally I think the art is awesome on this one.

Just wondering if Aspen will have a Turner Harley Q variant and an All-Star Batman one as well...Hope so!

I think you're right Astoria. I'm not a speculator/flipper. I collect for the love of it, the hunt. The art and stories....

I purchased a set and one color...My wife the same....Personally I think the art is awesome on this one.

Just wondering if Aspen will have a Turner Harley Q variant and an All-Star Batman one as well...Hope so!

I am not sure about the All Star Batman but a Turner Harley Quinn is in the works. I believe it will be released in August, so the Pre Sale should be in July sometime.

Just wondering if Aspen will have a Turner Harley Q variant and an All-Star Batman one as well...Hope so! [/quote

yes and yes pre-order dates yet to be announced but 8/3 for quinn and 8/10 for all star and 8/17 for suicide squad